[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Vonsirius-Slothead Trans Am Challenge

Vonsirius-Slothead Trans Am Challenge

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Vonsirius-Slothead Trans Am Challenge

Postby chappy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:35 pm

I'm not sure either, but it sure is a hoot.
It seems to be another way of proxy raci g and another way to enjoy the hobby.
Looking at this I think I may consider doing a series in Similar fashion.
The pros being the track host has all the cars, can repair and tune as required and only need a proxy sponsor to act as the driver in name.
I am thinking I may do something along the lines of the British Touring Car Championships.
Certainly don't want to step on any toes so will ask permission before I do from Von who's great idea started this and Slot head who is helping expand the style.
So guys
May I.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby slothead » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:19 pm

slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chappy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Sounds Good SH.
I forgot that's what Barry was doing. We actually spoke, of it a few months back when I got a few of his Cooper shells.
It's going to be really interesting to see how this works out. It sounds plausible enough and could prove quite interesting.
Good Luck and take care
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I will support the evolution of this type of racing. I would really like to see drivers send in their own laptimes on their home track to the race organizer.

A fast lap on my track is 4.500 seconds. A fast lap on someone else track might be 6.300 seconds. IF you equate all fast laps to 10 seconds you can determine a coeefficent for each drivers set of times. Compile all the times and then display the results. This way we feel like our driving is actually contributing to the result.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vonsirius » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:38 am

Hello, for me there´s no problem anyone run any series , the way I do or his own, I will be honoured enought if you let me race at!
So Chappy, for me go ahead!!!!
vonsirius
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:06 am

Agreed, no reason anyone can't propose a series using their own style. This series began because I offered to loan vonsirius 10 of my Trans Am cars for a series done his way, but he suggested I do one too and he'd join in.

I'll do the Trans Am Challenge series as planned with me driving the cars you guys have claimed on my track and simulating the races this time. But I'm also open to experimenting with other ideas going forward. Anything that keeps me active in the hobby is all good.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby arroldn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am

Slothead,
Have you set a date for the first round yet?

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale