[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 132 scale slot it or racer sideways ?

132 scale slot it or racer sideways ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

132 scale slot it or racer sideways ?

Postby rick42 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 pm

I am looking at these 2 brands of cars. I will be using them on a Carerra 132/124 analog track. Would one be better than the other ? Does anyone have any recommendations on cars for this track. I am wanting to go with a light magnet car instead of the heavy magnet ones.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 132 scale slot it or racer sideways ?

Postby MikeyAutobahn » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Can't really speak for Racer Sideways as I've never owned one [although I'd like to], but I have five Slot.it cars that I run on my Carrera track and I love 'em. They're very nicely made, easy to work with, and run great with or without magnets.

I think the only reason I don't own a Racer Sideways [or something like it] is only because I found a lot of body styles that I really wanted from Slot.it.
MikeyAutobahn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm

The Racer Sideways cars use Slot.it mechanicals. Gears pinions and the like. The run Great on Carrera tacks along with the Slot It's. In my opinion.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm

The Racer Sideways Daytona Prototype is a great handling car. And like Z-carfan said, they use Slot It gears and motor pods.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Fortunately, there's very little cross-over between Slot.it and Sideways as far as the types of cars they offer. That means you won't have to choose between two identical body styles made by both manufacturers!

Slot.it have a much wider range at this point, though, so you may find what you want more easily in their range. Mechanically, some of the Sideways cars use Slot.it parts, others like the Huracan GT3 have their own parts that would probably be interchangeable anyway. The tires on the Huracan are new to me, more grippy than the C3 compound used on the Gp5 cars. I don't have any of the DP cars, so can't comment about them.

Either way you can't go wrong with either or these makes. Top quality stuff!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Agree with Mike and Dennis. Not a bad car there. Only thing i could think of is if you are using a heacier magnet it may require a stiffer chassis, but on Carrera track you should be ok.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Jesla » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Agree with the above comments. We run on Carrera track and have a Sideways Grp 5 class as well as a couple Slot-it classes. The fast lap times are nearly identical with stock configuration and the addition of silicone tires.
Both manufacturers make quick, smooth cars.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:05 pm

I just ordered these 2 racer sideway 132 cars. Click on each pic for a full picture. I still dont have this photo thing down yet.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Impulse-ive » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Those are great cars and fun to run. They are have short can motors which I was going to recommend. Slot.it tends to have more short cans which I find easier to drive. but the group 5 cars sideways cars have a long can that provides a little more toque. They are the same motors slot.it puts in their LMPs. if you like the way the DPs perform the slot.it Groups Cs will run great too.
Impulse-ive
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 am

Resized the photos.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:45 am

So basically ,there is little difference in the two brands. Except for the names and what body style each has to offer. I ordered the two pictured above. Other than these two , what other cars of the same two brands are you impressed with on the carerra track ? I do have an after market power supply , so I can control the volts. I do like a little drifting sometimes.
rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 am

:text-threadjacked: Slightly off topic but since you are moving up to the world of no mag and more racer quality cars, I would also consider a tire truer. Not entirely necessary for home track use but makes a huge difference in handling even on my Carrera track. Tire Razor is a good one especially for the money.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:33 pm

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rick42 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 pm

rick42
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale