Controller question

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Controller question

Postby hksk25 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:06 pm

Are the Difalco Neo controllers worth the extra dollars over a truspeed BPII? I'm looking to upgrade from a Parma turbo. I've tried the 17 band neo and liked it a lot. Is the 30 band much different? Will be mostly for home use and occasionally for club races. 1/32 & 1/24

Thanks, Harry
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Controller question

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 am

We carry both brands and have firsthand (bad pun...) experience using each. Please check your PM - I'll be glad to discuss with you in detail at your convenience.

:text-thankyouyellow:

Phone: 603.753.6263
Facebook: Slot Car Corner
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby RichD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:07 am

If you race a lot, especially in big events like the recent 24 hour race at Area 51, you would want the best controller possible. For more casual racing you would probably be pleased with either controller. It would be nice if you could try both controllers for yourself, otherwise you will have to rely on the experiences of others. I don't know anyone that uses a Truspeed controller, so I can't offer even second hand information. When I stepped up from a Difalco Fanatic to a Difalco Genesis my lap times did go down, not necessarily by a huge amount, but even fractions of a second will add up in time. The newer controllers also have extra features that are useful from time to time.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 am

Review of the 302 HERE. I don’t have any Truspeed to compare, just for a reference if you need it.
-Harry

"They didn't say you couldn't" - Smokey

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:56 pm

I have both the Truspeed and the Difalco.

They're both nice. I use the TruSpeed for casual racing or practicing at home.
At bigger events like a 24 hour race, it's the Difalco that goes along for the ride.

Hard to beat the the Truspeed value wise at $90, but if I could only have one. it'd be the more expensive Difalco.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale