[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric future new car wish list

Scalextric future new car wish list

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Scalextric future new car wish list

Postby Andy in Pa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Being a classic car T/A fan, maybe a 67-69 Firebird, Nova, or maybe a 67-72 Chevelle or El Camino. Using the inline platform on these would make great competition for the Javelin too. Also, how about a Smokey and the Bandit car or maybe Knight Rider?
Andy in Pa

Postby WB2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:21 pm

In the wish list, how about weights that are the same size (length, width, thickness) as the chassis magnets? The non-mag racers could pop out the magnet and replace it with a weight.
The ones I measured are a thickness that doesn’t match up with any readily available brass stock.
Idea came from a recent assembly of a Revell Ferrari 250. Kit included magnets and metal slugs to use in place of the magnet.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Csegreti » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm

I'd like to see some more of the classic F1. They kind of dropped it this year but id like to see it come back in the form of late 80s, early 90s f1 cars. Scalextric 1992 Monaco set is insanely popular so I think they could do some cool cars even without a Ferrari. Those cars are relatively simple molds as well.

Hopefully you can talk some sense into them dave about those super resistant f1s. Instead of making a car thats stripped of all the details, make the cars like another slot brand you may be familiar with, that are strong enough to withstand the hits with detachable wings but still have the mirrors and stuff. As huge as an F1 fan as I am, I'm not motivated to buy the new ones from scalextric that are coming out with because they just don't look good IMO. I think they are afraid to make a new High detail mold because they have not sold well probably since that last major mold overhaul in 2009-2010 but this new generation is so cool and its too bad its not being done justice. I don't think it would be that hard to make the new tooling they have to make a high detail mold either.

**Oh and NASCAR that new camaro and the liveries this year are great!
Csegreti

Postby Racie35 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Any Mercury
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby manchvegasracer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:03 pm

manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rooster » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Rooster
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indidragracer » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 pm

I believe the Ford guys will be running the Mustangs next year. And if licensing is an issue.......make fantasy liveries. I'll strip and paint and decal em'![/quote]

Actually, both Ford and Penske at this moment is denying that they will be running Mustangs next year, it will be a totally new body.
At least that's what i've heard. :think:
indidragracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:31 pm

Action Express Cadillac!! Not sure if there are enough liveries to make the mold profitable, or even feasible, but I would really love to have one!

That and the Regal to go against the upcoming MonteCarlos, that would be awesome.

MG’s and Triumphs, I would love a well done TR6 but I would welcome small sports car in general.

A more realistic open helmet driver, the blobhead was acceptable once but I think it’s time for an update.
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Howie654 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:57 am

While the wish list is going, I'd like a Yenko Stinger please...
Howie654

Postby Jesla » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 am

How about a Ford Raptor or lil Red Wagon, Shogun, C-1500 SS454, Typhoon....

...I'mean if we are talking real American Iron.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racer944 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:17 am

As has been said, we need some more IMSA DP running mates for the Ganassi and Shank Fords. At the very least the Corvette DP will provide many possible liveries... Wayne Taylor Racing comes to mind, Action Express, etc

Thanks!
Eric
Racer944

Postby Flounder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 pm

I'm with Racie35:
1967 Mercury Comet Voyager
1966 Mercury Comet Cyclone
Flounder

Postby joe lister » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Running mate for the Monte Carlo, lots of possiblilties since the Monte Carlo Aerocoupe SS was campaigned from 1986 until the first part of the 1989 season. So reasonably you could make:
83 - 86 Ford Thunderbird
87 - 88 Ford Thunderbird
89 - 91 Ford Thunderbird
86 - 87 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2
88 - 90 Pontiac Grand Prix
86 - 87 Buick Le Sabre
88 - 92 Buick Regal
86 - 87 Oldsmobile 88
88 - 92 Oldsmobile Cutlass
so-o-o...come on Scaley, pick one, several or all of 'em.

Other brain droppings:
Running mate for the Ford Riley DP, Corvette DP makes the most sense.

Classic Trans Am, Pontiac Trans Am I'd love to see a 68-69 and the 1970.

How about a new delving into the Super GT GT500 cars?
It has been an inexplicably long while since those have been done.
Or how about the repeatedly overlooked Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3?
Or maybe the Acura/Honda NSX GT3 ?
The upcoming/darn near here 2018 Bentley Continental GT3 looks pretty sweet.
Or you can really make my day and make a Gillet Vertigo Streiff GTR2.

Maybe a fresh, more detailed (and normal worldwide release) of Aussie Super Touring Cars? The full scale racing is fantastic and the internet has made them more accessible to a worldwide audience.

I'd like to see the PCR chassis make a comeback where it makes sense. Other than sheer novelty on the concept at the time, I never understood Scalextrics choice to make a mass produced PCR chassis for the not a racecar McLaren P1, but not for the Bentley GT. They don't have to make them for everything, but I'd like to see more (like the Ford Riley DP).
joe lister

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale