[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop USA

SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop USA

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop USA

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

G'day Guys,

Got a message from Bruce at Cincy Slots letting everyone know that the SCALEXTRIC C3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop will be available at US dealers very shortly.

Aussies, please remember this is a WORLDWIDE release, there are plenty of them to go around, DO NOT pay the silly prices I've been noticing on EBay of late, the truth be known, collector prices will probably be in line with the SCX 'Cuda or similar volume number releases....

Bruce had a price of $44.95 USD for this model, I'm sure your favourite US stockist will be similar.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCALEXTRIC #3303 FORD FALCON XB GT Hardtop USA

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:00 am

Well, that was your special price Rob, lol. ;) Now everybody gets it. :banana-rock:
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby raceeng18 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

It doesn't look like any Ford Falcon I've ever seen or owned. So educate me if you will. Is this some sort of a scaled down Torino? Help :oops:

Joe F.
raceeng18
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Bugger!

See Bruce, that's what happens when you get an amateur to do your work for you :)

Joe, it's a model of an Aussie Ford from the mid '70's, Aussie body, heart from Clevland!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby raceeng18 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Well OK Rob, thank you for clearing that up for me. Thought I had missed a USA Ford product for a while.

Joe F.
raceeng18
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:05 pm

The body shape was loosely based on a Torino, albeit altered to suit Aussie tastes.

cheers
dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm

The Aussie Falcon is also one of the longest running model designations these days. Been running since the days you guys first started sending them over here. Then the model name was adopted for the large 6s and 8s that Ford Australia produced. There was one hell of a stink kicked up by fans when Ford Australia suggested deleting the Falcon line and leaving us with nothing much more than the Mondeo.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Burglar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:36 pm

I ordered one from topslotsandtrains in the UK a while ago, I expect to arrive soon. From memory it was the same money (delivered) as what Clive is charging ... does save me the long drive to Ridgehaven and back ... even though one does have the added excitement of being able to visit a different big shopping mall out that part of town
Burglar

Postby Burglar » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Also, people might remember Alan Moffat as the driver of the green #41 Mercury Cougar in Trans Am in 1967. He's Canadian. I think he came to Australia to get away from Dan Gurney and Parnelli Jones.
Burglar

Postby Reslotted » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Thanks RM.
You really come up with some jewels.
Especially liked the video of Moffat and Johnson at the Bowden Museum.
That Coke Mustang still looks a million Bucks.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

Burglar

Postby Burglar » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 am

Well, I received mine today, and as I predicted it is a bit of a lemon. I don't know why, but I seem to be blessed with lemons pretty much every time I buy any Scalextric car other than a Cortina! It's not too bad, but the lights seem to refuse to click firmly into place and want to rattle around inside, as did the passenger seat until I glued it back in. This new guide system seems a bit odd. I adjusted the screw but it still wants to deslot all the time. I ground more of a curve into the front of the guide to see if that helped on the shallow plastic track (it didn't). Next move would be to true the tyres. The contact patch seems all wrong, just touching on the outside edge.

I don't want to do too many mods on this car but if I have to I will make some mods up front to the guide system. Has anyone else had problems in this area?
Burglar

Postby Ember » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Oddly, nope. The one I have taken from the box is good. Don't think it'll take a good deal of work.

But previous Scaley cars have been very ordinary. That's why I stopped buying them.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Reslotted » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Theres a little debate roaring over at SF about this car.
It seems that those of us who were fortunate and got in early and managed to get this car from UK as soon as it turned up got good ones and those who got them later got some with issues.

I don't know what the story was, I can only assume that the ones that came out towards the end of the production run had something go astray in the QC department. Or perhaps Scaley were caught out by the popularity of this model and made a second batch or something.

All I can say is that I bought them as soon as they hit the UK and they sold out very quickly and then a few weeks later they had new stocks. If I'd waited until they got to Australia well it would have taken up to a Month extra and I really wanted this car and fast.

Mine was an absolute beauty so much so that I bought a second for my son, which I haven't run.
One poor fella I heard of bought 3 with a view to a couple of repaints and they all had egg shaped wheels.

Rob Wessling who posts on here as cosmic bilby and races soley magnet, made mention of the fact that the his falcons magnet strength was less than a 3rd of that of the Torana (an ideal running mate).
All I can say is that I'm very happy with mine and I think a set of PG tyres and a tiny bit of weight would see this car a very consistent racer.
It's a shame you got a dud, when other examples have been so good.
Perhaps thats some justification for the guys at pioneer who haven't bowed to pressure and waited until they can solve the production issues before they let that Camaro loose.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby buspor63 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 am

For us Northerners, there's a good movie currently on Netflix featuring the Falcon XB, it's called "Love the Beast"
It's a documentary of the relationship between actor Eric Bana, the car he owned for many years and his desire to compete in the Targa Tasmania, again. Warning, sad ending, but with glimmers of hope.
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale