[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Black Arrow Cars

Black Arrow Cars

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Black Arrow Cars

Postby Perrotoro » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:41 pm

I see some Black Arrow Lambos on eBay. How does Black Arrow stack up? Any relation to Arrow slot cars?
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Black Arrow Cars

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Several reviews and discussions on HRW.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby War Eagle River » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 pm

I’ve got this one. Came with 3 different suspension spring setups. Tried them, but performance was better on our track without the springs. The only other slot car that can stay with it, is the Sideways Huracan. IMO, a very good handling car.
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:43 am

They make a very good car. They have an advanced chassis design that offers very good tune-abilty Also, very light weight bodies and wheels.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 am

As of now I have only one Black Arrow slot car, the original release Aston Martin Not thrilled with the torx screws but it is a great running slot car. The brand had dropped off my radar and I remembered wanting to get the Ferrari so I just went to ebay and found a white kit including a set of decals for only $68 including shipping. It is now on it's way to my house. A Father's day gift from the son or daughter I never had. :banana-dance:
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Bob - you are truly an inspiration. Your post reminded me of a time I was watching college cheerleaders rehearse and one of them caught my eye. While it is true we never made eye contact, or communicated in any way, it is possible (though extremely unlikely) that unbridled passion could have ensued resulting in, well, fatherhood.

In honor of that potentiality I just purchased a slot car from SCC to commemorate that (non)event. Now to begin thinking what he or she (twins?) might want me to have for Christmas.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby War Eagle River » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:03 pm

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:04 pm

great info and pointed humor - someone just sent me two father's day presents - go figure.
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 pm

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

FYI, the white kits come in a plain brown box with no diagrams included, but the Black Arrow web site does have pdf files showing the construction of the bodies. They can be found in the multimedia subdirectory.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:28 am

Update, the chassis for the Ferrari 458 is totally different from the chassis that came with the Aston Martin and unfortunately they only have a pdf image for the Aston Martin chassis on their web page. I think I will be able to figure out the ferrari chassis but at first glance the rear bushings are the wrong size for the axle and I can't find a guide flag in any of the bags that were in the box. It uses spherical bushings so I will be borrowing a pair from a slot.it car and most likely the guide flag from the same car.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:38 am

I had a broken spoiler when my Aston-Matin Gulf liveried car arrived. Black Arrow was quick to replace, no problems other than the shipping from Spain took a little longer. I think they are a good company
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Perrotoro » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:51 am

No relation to the Arrow Line of cars, eh?
Perrotoro
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale