[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Policar P4

Policar P4

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Policar P4

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:23 pm

I've logging on for the last 2 weeks expecting a review and a bunch of.posts regarding the recently released Policar. I'm shocked at the lack of response to this.offering.

I know that I'm probably a bigger Ferrari fan than most.but this is a pretty significant offering for several reasons!

Has anyone purchased one yet?

Harry, do you anticipate doing a review?

Paul
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Policar P4

Postby Quickcars » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:30 pm

Nevermind, I just found.the thread..lol
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:48 pm

never mind.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Aloha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Some additional comments...
First a big thank you to Mike at Cloverleaf for sending the car. They are great!!!
The car from viewing in the case is spectacular...however the joy ends there. One thing that showed in Harry's review was damage to the front magnet holder of the motor pod. The thrumbscrew was broken where the piece fixes to the pod. They had wire though the front magnet holder and that had broken the holder slot. Unfortunate... The screws were "screwy" with none having shoulders, in either motor pod nor body mount screws, thus no float. Grub screws as motor mount screws is simply a dangerous proposition Again, to me the greatest lack of quality control came in the mounting of the side pods where both sides had a large gap in the front section where neither side fitted properly. Out of the 4 numbers one of the roundels was showing cracking.
After adjusting/replacing all screws the car is a great runner even with the stock rubber. Do i like the car...yes...would i buy another one the way they are currently delivered no. I would be interested to hear how the white kits are. Last comment Policar basically charges more for this car than their other non-Formula One models and for that I see better value in their other cars. Sincerely hope that their QI team steps up.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby War Eagle River » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 pm

All I can say is this. The only things I found were the motor screws and pod/body screws were not right. And Ferrari badge under Tampo roundel on hood. Other than that, car was spot on. And we took ours to the next level with tuning anyway. (Watch video!) Unless you are taking it out of the box, racing it with magnets...Every slot car out of the box ‘needs’ something. Letting folks know about the things that are off or badly done is a good thing, and it brings attention to the slot car manufacturers. And hopefully they can remedy those problems in the future. So in the meantime, do your diligence and tune the car to your rules and driving styles.
War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:03 pm

I agree with your post. Just feel that Maurizio should be aware of the shortcomings. I do so respect what he has done for our hobby and remember with the release of the Lola Aston Martin he worked tirelessly to correct a chassis situation after initial release. By the way that video was on point and a great tool for anyone learning on how to set up a car. Thanks for your feedback.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby busterfla » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:48 pm

I got the white kit from SCC. I opened it up, chassis, the upper body sections and interior were both wired down and the quarter turn "key" into the chassis were firmly attached. Three bags of parts were tucked underneath the base, clear parts, allen key and a pod adaptor and a bunch of lower body parts. The lower body parts gave you two different lower side panels, three different panels to fill the front center radiator opening, two different "plates" to fill in under the rear glass. BUT, no windshield wiper blade assembly (?), I can make my own if needed. Looks like the headlight buckets and lenses will be a challenge to install. And amazingly, there was only one part that I had to guess what it was and where it fit ..... the exhaust pipe assembly with sidewalls, took a few minutes to figure it out. Planning a yellow paint job, but no hideous blue wheels.

The chassis and running gear had the same pod related issues mentioned in other posts, I opened up the chassis holes one size and the pod floats just fine, might look in my stash for the normal Slot it pod screws. I snipped off the outrigger wings on the pod, they never worked for me. Note, the pod is a 0.5mm offset pod. Rear wheels are press on plastic with inserts, going to look thru my extra Slot it set screw wheels to see if any will accept the inserts. Popped the magnet out, put in two mag shaped tungsten weights and two discs right behind the guide post. Also removed the motor set screws and put in normal "motor fixing" screws.

Gonna go slow with it, the garage gets mighty warm (ok, dang hot!) in sunny South Florida.

Buster
busterfla

Postby wanabgts » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Just got my P4 on Tuesday. Took it out of the crystal case, no problems. Trued the tires for about 15 seconds and put it on the track. Fast but not spectacular. I then took it apart and made some adjustments to the front axle ride height and switched the rear tires to PG pgts and trued them for a total of about 30 seconds. I haven't changed the rear rims to aluminum yet, the plastic rims are as true as any I've seen and are very snug on the axle. After some tuning laps and adjustments it was turning laps as fast as any of my slot.it can-am cars, faster than my TS McLaren, faster than my NSR Porsche 908 and just a few ticks slower than my TS Lola T 70s. I'm sure these cars will be a hit on the Can-Am circuit. It looks so good to my eye that any urges on my part to obtain a Racer P-4 have vanished.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Picked up a kit yesterday from my LHS. Not impressed with the body. Huge, I mean huge mold lines all over with a slight divot on one fender and a sunken line along the front above the front radiator opening. And where are the decals? Thunderslot includes them in their white kits. Anyway, I build regular plastic models so I have everything to make it presentable (sanding, filling in with putty) but still...

Come on Policar, you can do better than this...
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:34 pm

It almost seems to me that we are looking at two different slot cars here. I wonder why there is such a wide disparity here with people's opinions of this car. Is it the perfect Ferrari P4, no of course not. No slot car model is going to make everyone jump for joy but there is much more that is right about this car than there is wrong. I have gotten several white kits over the years and only a couple came with decals. The MRRC clubman kits and the Black Arrow Ferrari 458 Italia. To me they "should" all come with assembly instructions and one set of decals. I opted to get the decorated P4 since it was only a few dollars more. Well all I came say is that I am extremely happy with the one I ended up with.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:55 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:37 pm

I'm not sure why anyone would expect decals to be included in what is sold as a "white kit".

If a car was sold as a particular livery but as a kit, then that would be when decals would be included, but the underlying idea of a white kit is to allow the customer to do his own thing completely.

It's a pity that Marks car is not up to snuff, I was thinking of getting one, now I am not so sure. I have a set of decals to do a David Piper green P4.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:15 pm

This Scalextric model scratched my P4 itch a few years ago.

But the images of the Policar P4 suggest it's a sleeker version that when prepped for racing might seriously outdo it's Fly Ferrari 512 brethren.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale