[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF?

TGIF?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: TGIF?

Postby jmsh54 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Greetings, well the new grandbaby boy is coming for his first visit to the north country. Arriving Saturday afternoon and leaving Thursday or Friday. I have a massive, big pile of firewood that needs chopping. Have been told by the grandmother, my wife, that a just over 3 months that he might not be able to lift an axe yet. And no he can't help move rocks from down in the valley behind our house to finish up a stone fence by the barn. The problem seems to be that the rocks are bigger than him. We shall see. Oh his mom and dad are coming too. Guess he is not allowed to drive either. :D Looking forward to this visit as it has been about a month since we have seen the little fella, mom and dad. Regards, John
jmsh54

Postby JESIV » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Dad and I got some slot racing in today to start the weekend

Hopefully I'll get to watch most of Sebring online tomorrow.

I've got a couple of cars in the alcohol bath that need to come out.

Need to start painting Dad's 1/43 Vette

Work on the rally track

that should about cover it.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:58 pm

This week I received the first new slot car that I have bought in months, a Ninco 356 Porsche coupe. Thanks to Brian at BRS Hobbies. Believe it or not, I ordered that car on late Friday afternoon and she arrived here in Nor Cal the following Monday!! I hope to get her on the track to check her out over the weekend. I read Harry's article about the car being over powered for a classic so I reckon I will look into finding another motor for her. On another front, I've collected enough parts to start scratch building a fiberglass Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage body that I picked up a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I will get around to her this week.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Dinner out at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight for a buddy's birthday. Ship some orders tomorrow, work on the track and TRY to get closer to molding some things. I'm slacking off...

Our defending H.S. Champion Basketball team just won the Semi-Finals and goes to the State Championship tomorrow. Planning on going to that in the afternoon and then date night.

Son has to watch the original version of Red Dawn for his film class at school and since I've not seen that in years, I'll watch too. Sad. I don't remember getting to take cinematography in college...of course, it is probably as lame as I remember... At least they got to watch Fist Full of Dollars too in the class, so I guess it isn't a total write-off ;)

Haven't purchased a new car since last spring...have cash to burn...what to do, what to do...?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

You had me at Buffalo wild wings :)

Maybe you need a new F1? Flysot Lotus perhaps?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HRWJim » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:10 pm

Harry next time you come to town we're doin Wing Stop. BWW got nothin on Wing Stop. Working on 4 different project cars and my wife is painting in road course room. Nothing fancy just blue sky. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:40 am

That is a great idea, you could do club nights, party's all kinds of cool stuff

good luck with it
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby RazorJon » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 am

one more all done

now back to the sprint car
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:08 am

There is that nickel!

Mike...I'll send ya an MT motor if you want to try it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bill from nh » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:39 am

bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Right... In Pittsburg? Someone order Dennis some more beer! In a Steelers mug.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:59 am

Its gonna be a fierce season! Everybody has something to prove this year.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 am

Got some more done on the track, actually worked on some new bodies...not much though ;)

Best part? Our H.S. Basketball team are now 2-time champs! Awesome game and some clutch performances. I really love H.S. sports so much more than pro - amazing to still see teamwork as part of their repertoire at this age.

Hope to get a few more things done in the dungeon tonight.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale