B-Nova Adapter Advice Needed

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

B-Nova Adapter Advice Needed

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Hello all

Having just read Harry's excellent article on tuning up the Carrera Cobra - and having followed his advise and turned and ok runner into a sweet runner, I now plan to get some B-Nova guide adapters to finish the job.

Looking at the available options, the adapters for Carrera are pretty straight forward, and I will get a couple of sets of these as I can think of a few cars that would benefit with a change of guide.

I noticed he also has an adapter for changing that awful scalextric guide and I can think of 3 or four cars I want to fix up. However I see these come in different thicknesses?

What is the recommendation as to which thickness to use?

Scaley cars I will likely change are Nascar, the Moffat Falcon and Mercedes 300slr and maybe a Mustang and a GT40.

I think I will end up getting a couple of sets so are there any cars that you have found particularly benefit from changing the guide using the adapter.

thanks
David
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: B-Nova Adapter Advice Needed

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:35 pm

Most of my conversions have been Carrera because the position of the guide is usually a little higher than I like.

I bought the Scalextric pack that has different thickness and they work great. Just use the one that is right for your particular car. Mounted one on the Camaro and it really tightened things up.

You have the right idea, just get some in various sizes and keep them in the parts bin. Sooner or later a car will come along that will need them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: B-Nova Adapter Advice Needed

Postby FootScoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:10 pm

The ones I seem to use most on Scaley's is the 1/16" size. These bring the guide level with the bottom of the chassis. You can either super glue them or drill and use a screw. :) I like the B-Nova adapters. They work great. ;)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale