[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Digital-using PC

Carrera Digital-using PC

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera Digital-using PC

Postby oldtymer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:54 am

Is it possible to hook my pc up to my track and use it as a lap counter and driver info center (all 6 cars) ? If so is there a program I need to install on my pc first ? I thought this might be easier than adding 5 more driver stations to the front straightway .
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Re: Carrera Digital-using PC

Postby goosenapper » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:20 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am

Yes you can do this, and I really enjoy it. I purchased the Carrera X-lap package that has the cd software and cable. It is pretty pricey and some folks just buy the wire. However, the Carrera CD has a driver for the software that I think you might need. Follow the instructions exactly. I hooked it up before installing the cd and windows installed its own driver which did not work. The instructions state pretty explicitly which order to do things but I just plugged things in and screwed it up. I had to uninstall the stuff using device manager and then do things in order. It works fine.

The x-lap software is pretty good and has pictures of most of the cars in its data base so you can create a record of all your cars, then you create a list of all the drivers and it keeps track for you.
You still need the driver units to have fuel gauges.

If you download Bruce Yingling's software and connect to the control unit it talks directly to it and can adjust car speed, braking, and fuel capacity from the software. It has a lot more sound files which I added to. Each driver and car name is announced at the start of the race and the leader is announced, laps to go, etc. The screen display and many other features are very customizable. You can display time behind leader, miles per hour in 1/24 or 1/32 scale, best lap, average lap, etc.

I am really impressed with it. The only problem I have found is that if I walk away for pizza and come back 5 minutes or so later and have not touched anything the software from Bruce will freeze the PC and I need to power it off and reboot. This does not happen if I exit the program before a snack break. Not sure why.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:14 am

Not only can you, it's the only way to fly. You'll love it.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale