[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Classic ?

Scalextric Classic ?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Classic ?

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 am

I checked out a local hobby store yesterday that I had never been to before. This store actually had slot car product. :shock: HO however. He also had a large box full of BNIB Scalextric Classic/ SCX analog track and accessories that he wanted GONE. After getting home and researching my "gem" it "appears" that while the track pcs. will not interchange, that the accessories (track supports and borders) are identical to Ninco. Anybody know if they will fit? I'll post some pics in a bit

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Classic ?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:16 am

I'm assuming from what you said that you have Scaley Sport track for most of your track. There are very useful hermaphrodite sections available out there that will allow you to use Sport and Classic together. You simply covert to Classic and use Classic for a while, then covert back. But beware. Classic has a shallow slot, and many cars will not run on it. There are also converters for Ninco track. I use a pair of them to connect a loop to loop setup I use as a test track when I'm building a car.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: Scalextric Classic ? Pics Added

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:21 pm

ImageImageImage

This stuff will convert to Ninco? :shock: :shock:

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oceanview » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi Randy,
I have all that stuff, would you like me to test fit something?
Let me know what and I can let you know!
oceanview

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:23 pm

That would be great if you could oceanview. I picked up all this stuff yesterday and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I was wondering if the boarders would fit Ninco track.

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:14 pm

So what you meant to say was that you have Ninco track and you want to know if you can attach the old style Scaley borders to it?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:41 am

Waay too much, I have neither Scaley or Ninco track. I picked this stuff up at what I hope was a super great deal and am now trying to figure out what to do with it. There is more to the lot than what I have shown, all in the original box's and appearing to be unused. I would like to find a use for it but if it is not feasible then I should consider finding a good home for it. In my research the borders appear to be similar to Ninco boarders and as I know a local gent with Ninco I was wondering if he would be able to use them. If you would like I could post more pics of the lot.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:58 am

Now I understand. We should get El Secundo's and Harry's thoughts on this. They have history with several kinds of plastic track and may know about interchangability.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby oceanview » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:30 am

Hi Randy,
Just finished checking everything for you. As i think you know, the Ninco track pieces are wider than Scalextric ones, this means that
Ninco's "outside edge" of a curve piece is longer than a Scalextric piece. A standard Ninco curve is about 1 1/2 inches longer in the outside
edge than a standard c8206 R2 curve . But the "curve" of the curve of both pieces are very very close. This means that your Scalextric
Borders will snap onto Ninco but they will be short by about 1 1/2 inches . You can then try cutting another border to fill in the space or just keep "overlapping " them around if you have 2 or more curves in a row.
The borders in the pic above appear to be for c8204 R3 curves.Again the Ninco track is wider but the bridge supports should work,they just won't clip in at each side edge but rather just sid under the track.
Hope this helps
oceanview

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks oceanview that helps alot.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 am

Well, if you are not going to use it since you are running 1/43, maybe list it in the For Sale Section and see if anyone here could use it?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 pm

You don't need those. Especially that old Carrera Cuda. No sir, not at all. Need my address? :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:56 pm

Good grief there's 3 of the Cudas!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby oceanview » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Scalextric Sport and Classic are, but we were talking about Ninco compatability
oceanview

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale