[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Postby crossovercrazy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:42 am

Yo, Adrian...thank you for the car!

Just kidding about the "antenna" stuff. Please keep the American iron, and the sports car and F1 classics coming, and I'll keep opening my wallet!

LOTS of Scaleys to buy this year!
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:57 am

Adrian - please talk with Tim Milward in the UK (www.slotcars4u.net) - I believe Scalextric has gotten artwork from him in the past. He's got the definitive artwork already done for all cars but the yellow one.

As for the Historic T/A Series - VERY cool, but NOT authentic in most ways. The cars are heavily over-restored in some cases (1963 Falcon with flares anyone?) and do not always represent the cars as they ran in the day. Good generic liveries, but if you want a specific race, again Tim has done the research for the correct ones.

Either way, thanks for producing the Cougar!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I have to concur! The Cougar has always been a favorite - so I am definitely looking forward to them hitting the shelves! We have a pretty active vintage Trans Am series at the local commercial track and a number of us are chomping at the bit waiting on the Cougar and Challenger releases to show up and allow an expansion in the variety of bodies we can run.
In addition to the Cougar and Challenger, would be great to see pre '68 Corvette, Plymoth 'Cuda and Pontiac Trans Am / Firebird bodies be offered in the future as well...
However, that being said - thank you again for bringing this body style to market!
:mrgreen:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Burglar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:53 pm

I still haven't gotten around to assembling my RMS version!
Burglar

Postby noddaz » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:17 pm

I need this... Yes i do. Used to have a 68 Cougar with a 351W. Rust never sleeps... :(

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Adrian! You were a big help to me when I bought a car that had missing parts, years ago. Its good to know you are still there. The Cougar is one of my favorites from those days, so I'm very excited to see this coming. Not to put too fine a point on it, I also hope this will be a triumphant return to the "A" list for Scalextric. All the best.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dr fabio » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:35 pm

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:09 pm

I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if it hadn't pointed it out. It looks close enough for me. I want a blue one too.

I saw a black livery of that year Couger with red trim racing at the Monterey Historics running at Laguna Seca last weekend. I looked through my photos but can't find it in the 600 photos I took over the three days.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Was it this one?

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 am

Love that Blue and Silver "tribute" car - that is SHARP!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale