[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Hot Cougar Coming...Scalextric News

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Wow, Im actually amazed how well they did on this one! I have another Scaley to buy now. :clap:
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey we can keep going :)

However these are slated for my RMS resins...but this car could get a lot of mileage if Scalextric wants to.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm thrilled to see another T/A...I'm just attempting to understand the marketing model employed here...why not complete or make 2 more to go with the 1969 or 1970 series? You've already got cars in both of those years.

Hmm...maybe I should make that Pacer - Scalextric can then do it 5 years later... ;)

Love those cars Harry!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby RazorJon » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm

RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby slothead » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:04 am

This post could not have come at a better/worst time for me. The Cougar was my favorite muscle car back in the 60's and I bought one shortly after graduating from high school. When Ford released the retro designed Mustang in 2005 I dreamed of a similar Cougar from Mercury up till their demise in 2009. I bought my 2012 Mustang a week after missing out on a restored '68 Cougar at an auction.

A few years ago I bought a bunch of Trans Am bodies from Dave and built cars for a racing series with my grandson that also included RTR cars from Monogram, Scalextric, and Carrera. I started adding in Pioneer Mustangs and got up to 16 cars. Then I put them all away while waiting for the Pioneer Camaros to arrive. That was nearly 2 years ago and I'd lost interest - till today. Maybe it's time to revisit the road course I thought about building for them since I'll definitely be getting a few of these cars for nostalgia's sake.

Sloithead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:55 am

Dont forget this one too...

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:21 am

Yep. I'd have them make the early season #15 & 16 cars, the Burien Mercury (black car), the Mark Waco (Bob Estes yellow car) and Moffat cars. I'd be ok with that!

After that, they can do a street version complete with an antennae for Mike...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Thanks for the offer, Dave... I would actually prefer an RMS Cougar resin "upgrade" kit, with the hubcaps, antennas, etc., plus a resin Santa to drive it, baby Jesus in the passenger seat, and Lolo in the back seat. Also with a bumper sticker saying, "God is My Co-Pilot"...literally! Baby Jesus could hold the rally road instruction notebook, and give hand signals to Santa.

Even some extra Auto Art C/D Jag-style "pinhead" drivers' heads would come in handy.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:13 pm

I should know better than to be drinking when Mike posts something this nuts...

Epic post!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby noddaz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 pm

A pillar is too thick if you want to be picky. But I will be buying at least one of these...

Scott
noddaz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:36 am

Welcome aboard Adrian, now maybe Scaley can get back on track(pun intended).
I think we can come up with at least seven different liveries for this ride.

But, what I could really go for is a Nitty Gritty Kitty in Metallic green, no hood,
big ass blower and Red Lines…..
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:53 am

….and since you already haves the Camaro and Mustang you could do a
Heavy Chevy, Boss Hoss and Nitty Gritty Kitty hot wheels set.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Razoo » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:28 am

Check this out for some great pics:
http://www.historictransam.com/Cars.html
Razoo

Postby youngster » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:37 am

That One Definately going on MY Wish List for sure; Looks Pretty Good to these Ole Eyes.
THANKS BOSS;;;;;

YOUNGSTER
youngster

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale