[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Lotus 49B - Painted Version

Scalextric Lotus 49B - Painted Version

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Lotus 49B - Painted Version

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:32 am

I know the white kit has many excited...for me this one is pretty nice :)

As always, check your favorite Scalextric dealer.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Scalextric Lotus 49B - Painted Version

Postby goosenapper » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:06 am

Haha! What happened to that driver? His nose is all black.

But hey, snoz aside, that car looks great. I foresee myself testing the tensile strength of that wing in the near future.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:01 am

I'm in and a Cougar too……wow, could be the most
money Scaley has got'n from me in years…...
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:44 am

that wing will be easy to get with my grabbers :lol:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby crossovercrazy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:44 am

It looks nice, and I'll probably get a couple. I know this makes sense given their existing tooling, but...

If I had my druthers, I would prefer they finish off the 1967 grid. What I find charming about these cars are the lack of aero devices, and sponsors that garishly dominate the car's look (although I love them on NASCARs!).

I think 1967 was the end of an era, a quaint, charming "golden age" that will never be back, which I prefer to preserve at my home tracks (racing through towns and narrow roads, where a number of drivers wreck and burn up every race - ah, the good old days...)

I'm glad they made it, please keeping making more classics, but please more 1967s, or even earlier! I'm looking forward to the Maserati F1 when it comes out this year too, and I hope they revive that series (and the 1959-61 era too).
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Hmm...looks like Scalextic is getting more of my money this year too.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ddyke » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 pm

I have the non-wing version of that car. Siffert was the last true privateer to win an F1 race.
ddyke
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Decisions, decisions, decisions. So many great new cars on the way and not enough money to go around.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 pm

I rarely buy Scalextric any more, but the high-winged 49B is too cool to pass up. It's kind of the 'missing link' between the old days and the modern racing era. Rudimentary wings, and minimal sponsorship -- but not for long.

Like Dan said, Siffert was the man when it came to running a private GP car. Good history in this car. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale