[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another week...TGIF

Another week...TGIF

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Another week...TGIF

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:55 am

Another one in the books.

Had more server issues this week, not much we can do about it at our end but wait for the techs to fix it.

So apologies for the erratic loading issues. HOPEFULLY we are past them and things will get better.

Performed some optimizing here and the site is loading faster.

No slowdowns in the toy department though. Toy box full of goodies arrived from SCC to start a couple more restorations and some resin body creations.

Both new Carrera Cobras on the tuning bench too.

So what about you folks? What do you have coming in or on the bench?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Another week...TGIF

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:11 am

I am up early heading into school, this year I am taking PLC class
starting my 4th year of my 2 year degree

Then off to work, and I get on call this weekend

I do have my 3rd dirt modified to finish, and a chassis going for my Tucker
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby goosenapper » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:14 am

This weekend is a visit to the folks' place and then dental work on Monday. I'm getting a cavity filled and my wife is having a cracked tooth worked on. Yay!

So this weekend will be a wash, but I'm planning to find time next week to finish up my pink Merc- maybe get started on another new project or two. There's plenty of inspiration floating around this site lately. I've been dragging my heals on some things, but I've got the gumption back and look forward to finishing some cars!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:50 am

Working from home today. Lunch with a good friend and my son. My friend is a retired B-52 flyer and has been a mentor to Chris as he gets ready to start his career in the Air Force.

Dinner as a family out tonight. Celebrating Chris' first day as an Active Duty 2nd Lieutenant today.

Saturday, Chris and I drive to Wright-Patterson AFB for his first assignment...going back to school LOL. He's one of the "Smart Young Guys". Wish I had half his brain. Yes, you can make your normal jokes about that...

Had a bear come through the yard at 5 am and take out the feeders I forgot to bring in. Drove the dog nuts, and consequently woke us up. Wifey not happy with me for forgetting to bring them in LOL. Just had a beautiful Falcon in the yard playing with a squirrel...not kidding. Wasn't trying to kill or eat him, they were playing chase. The squirrel would come back, tease the Falcon and they'd start all over again. Hysterical.

Right now I'm on the back deck getting buzzed by hummingbirds while working...awesome day.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Moose » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 pm

I finished up a two day work week. . . Took the Jeep over to the dealership for a fluid change and a spa treatment. It runs so much better when it is clean. Showed pictures to the service people and they are scratchin their heads wondering how I made that whole trip without a nick, scratch or dent. I did bend up the exhaust a bit but it does not leak or rattle. . . Now I have an excuse to put on a aftermarket one that flows better and keeps the muffler under the floor not hanging out he back in harms way and it weighs 25 pounds less.

David there is some construction on 70 on Kansas to watch out for and take 270 North to get around the mess at the rivers in St Louis, you are just plain screwed in Indiana where there was 55 miles of work being done from the border to Indy.

Ken
Moose

Postby FootScoot » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Still trying to figure out what kind of spoiler to make for the van project. Who would have thought it would be this hard. I've got some ideas floating around in the ol' noggin. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby CCC » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm

We added this beauty to the collection:

Picked up some new rubber for all three GT40's

Here's a better picture:

Last edited by CCC on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CCC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:32 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 am

Be careful out there.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby LAMing » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:31 am

Saturday: Wife's got a "wife thing" going on today (skin care party)... sooooooo... I'm outta' here in a few. (Going on an extended Harley ride.)

In the meantime I'm hoping for a couple packs from the USPS: My axles and the tires. When those arrive, I'm ready to get started on a '57 Chevy dirt track car (1/32 Carrera-based).

It's the WEEKEND!!! :banana-rock:
LAMing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:17 pm

David, I had no idea you'd be so close to our neighborhood. Jenny is in town, too, and she just drove past WPAFB yesterday. Feel like driving to southern Indiana? :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby youngster » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm

HEY ALL YA'LL; Feels Real Good here Today; Only about 90 w/ good Breeze outa the NNE.
I'm Trying to Re-Do a '69 Camero; have to get some parts in first though
About Out of Everything Stocker Wheels and Tires are Fisrt on the list;
Just gotta wait on USPS; I Know NOT holding My Breath They've Gone from
Bad to Worse; Nearest Hobby Shop is about 70 mi away any direction.
YA'LL Have A GREAT WEEK END
YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby RazorJon » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:38 pm

Whats for dinner

a little place just up the road, this was the small 8oz
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Good grief, Jon. Is that prime rib?