[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Stumped (Again) Ninco

Stumped (Again) Ninco

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Stumped (Again) Ninco

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:17 am

I'm trying to put an NC 8 into a NC 1 inline equipped chassis and discovered that I need a different pod. My online search's were futile (as usual). So is there a pod available or some kind of adapter or am I going to have to mod my NC1 pod.

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Stumped (Again) Ninco

Postby dreinecke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 am

Randy,

I'm almost positive I had one of those at one time and it was an official NINCO part. I can't find anything online after looking for you either. Hopefully someone else can help out.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks David. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. IIRC I got the NC 8 from you a couple of yrs. ago and it was in a pod, but the pods rear mounts are missing and it is a totally different style of pod anyways. I have a small collection of green endbell motors and may go that direction but I'll have to break down and buy a pinion puller/press.

Thanks again
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:52 am

Thanks Jeremy. That's the direction I was headed in for the puller/press. My wallet/card shouldn't feel the pain to much, after the severe slot car beating that I've laid on it since Xmas it should pretty well be numb by now. :lol:

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:16 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Randy,

If I read what you are doing correctly, an NC-8 motor isn't made to be used in place of an NC-1 motor mount. The NC-8 motor comes with adapters to be used in place of an NC-5 long can motor mount.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:50 pm

Thanks Brian. Do I understand correctly then that the NC5 motor mount is not a drop in for an NC 1 chassis?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Randy,

That is correct. The NC-1 is a short can motor and the NC-5 is a long can motor.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Thank you Brian, much appreciated. Green endbell and puller/pusher it is then.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Brian - thanks for setting that straight! Good information!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:11 pm

OK. Sorry. Just checking. The original post is about an NC8 which was Ninco's replacement for the NC1. It should be a drop in exchange.

The NC1 is standard S-can format.

The only difference in the NC8 is the lack of rounding on the can corner.

The NC5 mentioned directly above is indeed the long can.

Many of the Ninco chassis that were designed for the NC1 motor have a mounting bracket that can be removed and the long can dropped straight in.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

My goodness Ember this is certainly becoming very interesting, that NC 8 that you've shown is different than the NC 8 that I have. Mine has a brass bushing on each end of the arm. and the end "plate" is inset into the can with the lead contacts down by the arm., but with the exact same performance spec as the one that you have shown. Yes this chassis has a removable motor bracket pod held in with 2 screws

Randy
Last edited by Dodgefarmer on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Can't say I've seen one as you describe. Curiouser and curiouser.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby mfogg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Last edited by mfogg on Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mfogg

Postby Reslotted » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 pm

The Plot thins, The NC8 motors that I've come across don't look like that one, they look like the one Ember posted.
:think: :think: :think:
Me thinks that maybe Ninco have been dropping in what ever motor that they can get supplied with those specifications and sticking NC8 stickers on them.
Sure makes life Interesting.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale