[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Latest Slot Car 2014 Part Two

Latest Slot Car 2014 Part Two

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 pm

I was asked to start a new topic as the old one is rather lengthy. You would be right in saying the year is half over, but our last thread started in AUG. Summer is going fast and soon more and more latest releases will start hitting us hard.

So to start off a new thread I will lead with an old car.

Just picked it up from Mark Twain Hobbies in St. Charles, MO. There were PLENTY of others as this store has a great slot car section. But I saw this and decided to have it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:57 pm

That is a nice one Harry! One you don't see very often.

Here are my latest cars.

The Toyota is one of those cars that the inserts really disappointed me so I changed them out to some SCC 5 spokes tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Latest Slot Car 2014 Part Two

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Way to kick this one off Harry! Love that Jag, and will prolly buy one in a different livery somewhere down the road. Great looking race car.

ListerStormGT, ya did good, with those 5 spoke inserts on the Toyota. I lik'em a lot!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CCC » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 pm

I've had these for awhile now. Just got around to taking a picture of them.

CCC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:24 am

Well, I think you may have seen them before, and I haven't figured out how to post pics (from my mac yet) but, I am now the proud owner of a:

Slot.it Toy 88c - #36 - Minolta Livery
Ninco - #35 - Austin Healey

AND, the "short tail" Denso livery 88c is on its way!

Don't know where in the world I got the idea to buy these cars? :whistle:

These are the first cars that I'ver bought in a good long while.

Congrats to all of you guys and your recent scores! Great pics! I'm still drooling!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:09 pm

Image[/URL]

Maybe, I do know how to post a pic? Again, my 2 newest!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:45 pm

Nice choices sir.

Here is my latest.

MT Racing Nova with floater hubs inserts.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:38 pm

You might think my NSR Ford GT40 Mk II is my latest slot car but today I got in the mail a slot car that I had been eyeing for quite a while. It's the MRRC Clubman special King Cobra. Shipped it was $86. It is available from Pendleslot for a little more. This one came from an ebay seller that just may be Pendleslot. It took 10 days for it to get here, not bad from merry olde England. The price might seem high but for what you get I think it is a bargain. It has an adjustable metal frame reminiscent of the old Monogram 1960's chassis. The body is the old Monogram and still has Monogram logo inside. The kit comes with three motors. A 16K motor for those of you who like to go slow, a 21K motor for a bit faster running and a 26K motor for those who need excessive speed. There is a steel weight that can be screwed to the bottom of the chassis and two different magnets for mag racers. I assume the magnet bagged with the 26K motor is the stronger of the two. There are three nylon pinion gears, 8T, 9T and 10T with a 28T set screw crown gear. The guide has front quick change braids similar to a standard 1/24th guide but a tad smaller. It looks to be a deeper blade for wood track. There are three brass inserts for the body mounts at the same locations as the sebring chassis should you want to use this chassis for a different project. All four rims are aluminum set screw types with plastic inserts. the tires look to be very soft but I'm sure, if needed, Paul gage makes a set of tires that fit the rims. They look to have a 2 or 3 mm. raised ridge. The axles are 3/32 and there are brass bushings at all four corners. There is a bag of nylon spaces to adjust track width. And finally there is a set of decals for the body after painting. The body is red slightly tinted orange. Most of the King Cobra images I have found are either a medium shade of metallic blue or a dark metallic blue but I think i may paint mine a dark metallic red to be different.

All in all I think this car is a bargain and I can't wait to get the chassis assembled and running. I will most likely use the 21K motor. This kit is also available with the Ferrari 250GT LM64 body. I also found out that MRRC stands for Model Road Racing Company.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:15 pm

I hope that Professor Motor considers this option for all their newly acquired R/M slotcars that use the sebring chassis with the slimline motor. If they sold them with just one motor they ought to retail for about $50 and I would get all of them.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Well Harry, I bet that Chevy's gonna turn out really nice! Please keep us posted.

Modelerbob, it appears that congrats are in order once again! Great looking kit. And yeah, when I first read the $85 for an MRRC, I was thinking wow, slot car prices have gone up a lot, since I took my break. But, as I read on, I learned that you didn't just get a slot car, you got a hobby shop! 3 motors, different magnets, various crown gears, etc. It truly does sound like a bargain.

I also wanted to mention to CCC, that I had completely forgot about the Coda Lunga. They are real things of beauty! Thanks for the pic!

AND, to ShotgunDave....Do you know who made the 1:1 version of that #16 car, you posted the pic of? It's a great looking old race car. I was just wondering a little, about its heritage.
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Yep, I think the paint, is what caught my eye as well ShotgunDave. Again, she does look great!

Heres what came in the mail today!

Image[/URL]
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:45 pm

From different sources, a trio of Slot.it cars:
Led Zepplin McLaren (I wanted a McLaren and the wife thought the livery was "pretty")
Early model Lancia LC2 in Totip livery
Late model Lancia LC2 in Martini livery

Just can't stop the Slot.it trend....too nice for the price.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale