[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Maserati 250F Paul Gage tire test

Maserati 250F Paul Gage tire test

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Maserati 250F Paul Gage tire test

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Good report. Double your salary.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Dave -
Thank you for sharing the pics and the results!
Appreciate it as I a have been looking at ditching the magnet in my Scaley Vanwall and looking at picking up a set of tires from Paul for it - looks like they fit the bill well!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby demether » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Interesting for anyone running cars magnet less even on plastic track, I think ! Especially the smooth surface brands, painted or not.

I hope he'd take international orders, when it will be time for me to work on cars intead of tracks...
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:22 pm

I get similar results with most every car I switch the tires to Paul Gage brand on. No matter which brand of car it is.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hksk25 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Another thing I've seen, with PGT I can turn fast laps well into a run. With silicone tires fast laps always come in the first 4 laps or so on my Artin track. I've been slowly converting most of my cars to PGT's.
hksk25
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:47 pm

My God man! Why did you have to post this now?

I have been trying to resist buying this car. I love the early Formula 1 cars. Men were men and cars had to be driven and all that. A completely different time in motorsports. No radios, no data recorders, just a man and his machine doing what he can to run fast.

Yes, I've been interested in this machine, but I never saw anything about Paul Gage tires for it. Now I am just going to have to acquire one of these cars.

Thanks a whole lot ShotgunDave! :angry-tappingfoot:

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby demether » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm also trying to resist, especially thinking all the money I still need to spent on my track project...But I really like these cars too (I already have the sharknose).

COncerning the tires wbesite, I took a look, I really appreciate how each part (or almost each part) is explained. I'm far from being a tuning master, and it's cool to see some info and not just a ref and an price.
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby demether » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:21 pm

In fact I realize that I made a mistake. I googled "paul gage tires" and found a online slot car store. :D
demether
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:32 pm

for those that buy from the UK topslotsandtrains has this car on their specials page
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks for the report, I'm a data geek.

Anyone know how MaxxTrac's new silicone tires compare to their prior ones and to PG's? All my older Trans Am cars were converted to MaxxTrac M06 tires, which are now discontinued. MaxxTrac now offers M06X 'Extreme' tires, but I don't know what that means. I now have another dozen new Trans Am cars to set up and want to have them all be as equal as possible when I start their racing series. It seems PG's would make a good series tire, but 34 sets would be costly.

Thought?

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:49 pm

Generally, if you are running on plastic, silicones are still the best choice, but not by much.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Bob

I've collected 34 Trans Am cars to be raced on a soon to be built MDF road course (not sure yet what paint I'll use for the racing surface). Since Scalextric and Pioneer Trans Am cars use the same tires, about 20 of them have MaxxTrac M06 silicone tires on the rear. I like the new softer compound tires newer Scalextric cars come with, and some of my later Pioneer cars also handle better right out of the case. I just don't think they'll hook up as good as silicone for racing, and will be at a disadvantage.

If I outfit the new cars with M06X 'Extreme' tires or PG's urethane tires, I'm worried they may have an advantage over the others. That's why I'm trying to see if someone knows which PG compound is closest to MaxxTrac on wood.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby slothead » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Old Johnny & Harry - thanks for your replies. I was on PG's webpage last night and am going to get a few sets of his tires to test along with some of MaxxTrac's new 'Extreme' tires from PM.

Of course there is another option to be considered too - I could stop worrying about tires and just get the new track built and then figure it out.

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Look forward in seeing the new track and hearing about your series. Always good to hear about these kind of things :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale