[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/32 Daytona Prototype Corvette

1/32 Daytona Prototype Corvette

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

1/32 Daytona Prototype Corvette

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 pm

I recently discovered from a member on SCI that our friend Mr. Patto in Australia has produced a 1/32 clear body of the latest Corvette DP car. So, I have ordered the body and a set of Gainsco #99 decals. Once I get them I intend to mount the body on a Sideways Riley chassis. I also plan to use the interior from the sideways Riley and as Riley makes the corvette DP the wheelbase dimensions should match. Once I have it in hand I will post images of my progress.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1/32 Daytona Prototype Corvette

Postby hillbilly » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:15 am

Cant wait to see it Bob. Seen the Corvette DP run at Indy a couple of weeks ago, these are serious race cars. Gainsco car is a good idea sure miss that team, its a shame they couldn't recover from the wreck at Daytona. Looking forward to seeing your build. Hillbilly
hillbilly

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am

Well the body and decals have been ordered. It will probably be the end of next week before they get here. The image of the body looks pretty crisp and the decals should be a perfect fit as he makes both.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby torquemutant » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:44 pm

What have you got in mind for chassis and running gear for that DP?
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm planning to use either a sideways Riley chassis or the protrack metal chassis.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:12 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:10 pm

The clear body and decals arrived from Australia today. The decals look sharp and should pose no problems. As for the body, I must say that I expected something a bit better. The entire surface is rough and what detail there is, is very soft. There is absolutely no edge definition for the windscreen, side windows or rear glass. I think I will draw them with a fine point black magic marker and then mask from the inside along the magic marker lines. I think, even by vac formed body standards, this is much less than I expected. Maybe after it is painted and decaled it will come closer to my expectations. But I don't see any way I can overcome the fact that the surface looks like the skin of an orange.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Bob - that is a bummer to hear. I was hoping it was a good effort on a great car.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:15 pm

I investigated the work of Milan Tomasek in eastern europe and he has a clear body of the Corvette DP in 1/32 so I ordered it from him. I will wait til it gets here before resuming the project.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:36 pm

The body from MT comes with window masks, so hopefully I can use them on the Pattos body as well. I got confirmation from Mr. Tomasek so his product should arrive next week.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:20 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:01 am

Looks good there Bob. :handgestures-thumbup:

You have a PM.
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:07 am

Yet another very nice job Modelerbob! Thanks for all of the info as well. There is definitely, a world of difference between those two bodies.
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale