[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Family Time

TGIF - Family Time

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Family Time

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 am

Well another week down and a great surprise here at HRW. My oldest son is here as a surprise visit :) We are having a great time eating too much and just having some fun.

But I am still here and getting the old HRW Skunkworks cleaned up and ready for racing.

Working on a few little tune up projects. Carrera Porsche 904 for starters. This is one great little classic...more on this later.

What are you folks doing? And slot cars almost built or are new releases keeping you busy?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Family Time

Postby btaylor » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

Record high temps for us southern folks this weekend, Going to be a lot harder to get racers out in the shop on the oval!
Hopefully the smell of the grille will get some midget drivers over,and a few to run our new Limited outlaw class!
Might work on the new track when the sun goes down,or finish the shotgun 40 i have been working on.
enjoy the family time Harry! wish my oldest was around for the weekend.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:59 am

Daughter,grandkids and great grandkids are headed this way for the weekend,so I`m gettin stuff ready for them and in between times kicking around some ideas for a new 1/43 TOP FUEL CHASSIS that`ll get the 1/43 guys attention!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 am

got to work Saturday, but I hope to get some time to finish my Kurtis Indy car

Just cut grass, so 1 job scratched from the list :dance:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby silverspringsslotcars » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Just finished this project.

It is not a race car, thus no decals, but a test bed to see if I could tune something like this and also to see if I could drive something like this. When first put on track it spun tires all the way down the straight.
Changed tires and gearing (now 2.08 to 1) and first laps where ok. This thing is wicked fast. My Slot.it Alfa was my fastest until this one. RPM are the same, but torque is almost double. I knew the torque would help it come out of the corners faster, but I was now expecting the huge difference that I saw. I know some people don't like cars like that, but some of us do. I ran Open and Grp 20 in the early seventies in Buena Park, Ca. That was fun. This weekend will see if can make it run better and also watch real racing, F1, Nascar and Indycar.

Other than that will wait for next weekend, Great Rib Cook Off in Reno.

Joseph
silverspringsslotcars

Postby JESIV » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 pm

Silversprings..I like the car, LOVE the track!

I think this weekend Dad and I will resume our near-weekly racing this Sunday. Otherwise I'll be working on some scenery for the track and putting some work into my pit garage building.
Also, I've been playing with making tress, I've got the first one done and hope to start on a few more.
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alaskaracer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:26 pm

I agree the track looks awesome! You also have off road racing in Reno this weekend!
Alaskaracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby silverspringsslotcars » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Jesiv and Alaskaracer thank you both for the compliments on the track. Still have a few things to finish.
Talking about making trees, my wife made all but four of the trees by using small pieces of sage brush; she uses what is available. There probably isn't any sage brush in Ohio.

Yes the racing is at WildWest Motorsports Park outside off Reno. It was built by Q & D Construction. When the recession hit, like everyone else they were having a hard time getting contracts like everyone else so it probably made sense to do a project of their own and try and keep his people, cause once they left they would probably move out of state. If you look at Google maps at the spot for the motorsport park and then look on the other side of I-80 you can see the Truckee River. Q&D Construction has done most of the work needed to put curves back in the river, from just outside of Reno to just above the dam. No I have nothing to do with Q&D Construction. Overseeing work on the Truckee River was part of my job at the State of Nevada.

Joseph
silverspringsslotcars

Postby Ember » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:22 pm

First coffee of the morning. Is there anything better? Cool morning this morning. Sun already on its way up at 6:30. I guess it won't be long until Daylight Savings kicks in again. Weekend alone as His Lordship has gone to visit his kids.

Struggling a little for enthusiasm on things at the moment. Picked up several things that I need to do and put them down again yesterday. Working on an Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint. It's a Munter shell. I've got it in primer, just needs a little milliput fill around the "whiskers." Gorgeous little car. Stripped down 3 SCX rally cars ready for the stripping bath. And some figure painting to finish off.

Trying to decide if we've had our last frost. I have some self seeded lettuces to transplant out. Seems funny to see baby lettuces already growing around the base of my bay tree.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Just got back home and ALL my grand babies are here now and my daughter cooking dinner.

Papaw is needed....will be back later :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Well just finished the last week of looking after my grandson for the summer.
So it has been busy, but I love it.
So today I taught the 23 month old a new word Walmart,,, and he liked the store too.
I picked up my organizational supplies, 5 of the triple drawer project boxes , $9.97 on for $6.00
and 2 of the 12 x12 3 drawer ones at. $ 12.99, a 5 subject notebook and a pack of 10 pens.
Tomorrow is the Club BBQ at the lake house, Sunday the F1 race, so it should be a full but fun weekend.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby FootScoot » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:20 am

I'm going to enjoy having my car back this weekend. I got it back yesterday after almost a month in the body shop. All I have to do now is wait for another tree branch or a meteorite, maybe some space junk or falling aircraft will get it. It's destined to happen I tell you, the car is the "Bad Seed". :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Gentleman Norb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:42 am

Enjoy your weekend. Looks like its off to a great start.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Florida_Slotter » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:11 am

My daughter and two friends are visiting for a long weekend, Today they and my wife will be going on a girls day out wine tasting. That should leave me free to play in my garage. I have a restoration project going on my little D wood oval track. I am currently installing dead strips for the timing system.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale