[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera 77 Pontiac Trans-Am is back

Carrera 77 Pontiac Trans-Am is back

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera 77 Pontiac Trans-Am is back

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:47 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Carrera 77 Pontiac Trans-Am is back

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 am

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:
Oh sweetness!!! And in a new color to boot!
Thank you very much Carrera and Harry for the heads up!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fast Co. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 am

This is a must have for me. I passed on all of the earlier releases and now regret I had not purchased the black one. Carrera's done a great range of American Muscle. And I love these cars. I hope they continue to produce additional cars in this vein. How about a '69 El Camino or a '56 Chevy Nomad? One can dream…

Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SWEETZ28 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 pm

:bow-blue: That's a nice car!!
:cry: wish somebody would make a 80's Z28!
SWEETZ28

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:25 pm

the nomad would be awesome!!

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:20 pm

If we are looking at "wants" in the tri-5 series... :)

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:21 pm

Coming in both Digital and Analog in 1/32 this year from Carrera, '77 Pontiac Trans Am in Solar Gold.

If you're wondering about the PA plate.. well.. I had a Solar Gold '79 TA in college and this was the plate on it. I asked the design director if it would be ok to put my plate on the car and he said it would be cool. It was the car my wife and I dated in and she got a little misty when she saw this prototype last week. So there you go.

Links to the product pages on the Carrera website:
http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/products ... 923/#30688
http://www.carrera-toys.com/us/products ... 926/#27463
These are in production now and were part of the new GM license that Carrera now have.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:26 pm

That is awesome Dave!
Thank you for sharing the additional pictures (and the plate story!)
Definitely looking forward to getting my hands on these new releases! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby dge467 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I missed this one the first time around! Looks great and the story behind the plate is cool.
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Reslotted » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:42 am

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby baford1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:45 am

Also like the El Camino & Nomad 1956 was the best looking one & while were at it asking Dave to make
certain cars Carrera make the DTM's look so good how about making Australian V8 Supercars the same
way I am sure they would be a big seller everywere , come on guys a bit of moral support here

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:49 am

I'm very happy to see these responses. When you're sitting alone thinking about what to suggest to make and you have 1 shot to do it and get it right there's a lot of anxiety that you feel if you're making the right decision to bring back an older mold like this and the Sting Ray.

Boy the idea of making an El Camino has a TON of appeal for me personally... making something so odd, so American (though I think that the El Camino in one for or another is/was quite popular in Australia) really would be a lot of fun to see made as a slot car.
And i KNOW the design director would love this idea of having something to add to his own personal "Carrera oddities" list of slots made.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:15 am

A great story Dave. I am not much of a street car person and I passed on prior offerings.

But I will have this one now.

Well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Carrera#1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 am

Hi Harry,
Let's make our Carrera supporters a little happier!!
We have just begun production and the ETA will be late November/early December (just in time for Xmas).
Regards,
Ed
Carrera#1

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 am

Outstanding, this will make a perfect stocking stuffer.

Thank you Ed.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale