[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Fitting a Racer Sideways BMW M1 body

Fitting a Racer Sideways BMW M1 body

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Fitting a Racer Sideways BMW M1 body

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Fitting a Racer Sideways BMW M1 body

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:14 am

Couldn't you extend the body posts with brass tubing or a body post repair kit such as this? http://www.slotcarcorner.com/SCC-Body-P ... -p471.html
Steve
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:41 am

There are so many different ways to mount that body, all you need to do is choose the best way.

I have used wood strip glued to the body and putting screws into those strips. I like machine screws, so you MUST epoxy the nut in to place.

Pro-Track has some aluminum bits you can glue on to the body and they sit inside a hole drilled in an aluminum "L" bracket holes. Quick on, quick off.

One of my favorite mounts is the HRS2 chassis mounting system. Just use some 5?32 round tubing for "cups" on your styrene sheet.

Let us know what you decide on.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby Fumey » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:34 am

I'm with extending the body posts . Styrene tubing cut to length to make up the difference , then slide a bigger tube over the two . I'd leave a piece of 2mm styrene as a spacer on the chassis , so you can counter sink the screw heads. You'll still need to drill holes - no way around that - use the original chassis for reference . Cool project - looking forward to see how it turns out
Fumey
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks RMin. I used the tube-within-a-tube method that you recommended on the link that you provided to the other thread. It worked well. I'll post a pic later today.

Audi1
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:31 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:47 pm

Nice work. But I'm not sure I get the point about scratch building a chassis where you are duplicating the look of the stock chassis. I always thought scratch building was about creating something different and better than what is commercially available. Like building a brass and piano wire chassis.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:24 am

Yes, you're not the only one who's pointed that out.

But, since this is my first attempt at scratch building, I wanted to stick pretty close to something that would work for me if I did it right. I like to try to move one parameter at a time and this time the parameter was: can you build a chassis from stock? It's been no slam dunk from my standpoint, I can tell you that, and the jury's still out on the question of this parameter. We'll have to see how if performs in the proxy.

Audi1
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:46 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:23 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale