[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF - Nice weekend ahead

TGIF - Nice weekend ahead

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF - Nice weekend ahead

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:27 am

Well things are busy around here of course. Grandson here to hang out with Grandma & Papaw. So far he is having fun.

New releases beginning to sneak in here and there and we will try and keep the reviews coming as best we can. Updated the home site this past week and have a few more pages to clean up. Need to bookmark a few to help those newcomers who are arriving.

Locoracer Tom coming today as well...should be a wild time down in the old Skunkworks.

Hope all of you will have some fun as well.

Now time to toy shop :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF - Nice weekend ahead

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 am

Well it's Fall and that means it's time for Football!

My grandson plays for our local AAU 14 & under team. He just moved up this year, but has already secured a full time starting spot as an offensive lineman - left tackle. He also plays about 50% of the time the defense is on the field as a defensive end or nose tackle. At the end of the day, he is worn out. But, he is 13 and will snap right back. If I were to do that, it would take a couple of weeks and lots of pain meds to be able to walk again, if ever.

Then Sunday is our group's race at Thunder Shores Raceway in Ocala, Florida. Thunder Shores Raceway is run by Pete & Diane Ross and is one of the best places to race, ever! What an awesome couple of folks. Make you feel right at home and Pete is one of those creative folks. I've never seen a track dryer or track cleaner in operation before. We're running as much as time allows. If all goes according to hopes, then we'll run:

1:32 Carrera Historic Stock Cars (Pete beat me by 5 foot at the 400 Laps of Buzzard Bay)
1:32 Scalextric / SCX NASCAR
1:32 Legends - Womps with "Legends" bodies
1:32 Late Model Stock Cars - Womps with LMSC bodies on them
1:32 Pavement Modifieds - Womps with PM bodies on them
1:25 "Limited" Sportsman Stocker
1:25 "Limited" Speedway Stocker
1:25 "Limited" Modified
1:25 "Open" Dirt Late Model
1:25 "Open" NASCAR
1:25 "Open" Modified

Should be a FUN day of racing for everyone. I know the last time was a Hoot! Looking forward to having at least as much FUN as our last trip there.

Hope everyone's weekend is fun-filled and safe.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:17 am

Crossroads is down a few racers this weekend,so it looks like a maintenance and clean-up couple of days.
I will probably get in a few laps here and there testing some new toys,but no scheduled racing.I have some scenery work to do as well,and with a nice turn in our weather,it will be enjoyable to just be out in the shop.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby oldtymer » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:14 pm

oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby Ember » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Nice frosty morning here. Will hopefully be a lovely clear day. Aussie Rules football final season currently, not that it interests me. But it means Bathurst's Great Race isn't far away.

My brother and his sons have their baseball final today at the other end of the state. The 3 of them play C grade for the same team. Oldest son pitches with an evil action, the other is catcher and David is 3rd baseman and team coach. Seems eldest son will also be pitching A grade in the afternoon. I wish I could be down there to watch, but I'm sure I'll get a drunken call tonight if they win.

And in local news.... Still waiting on a brass order I placed last weekend, so I might have to see if I can make something suitable for storing paints instead. Got them sorted into a couple of plastic tubs. Not really satisfied with that idea. Might try to find a way to fix that.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby FootScoot » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Haven't got much done this week slotwise. Still waiting on the fence guy to give me an estimate. Still have the limb on the fence too. I'm beginning to think they are all independently wealthy and they don't need my money. Yet they are in business, but I don't see how. May go bike riding this weekend to get some of this flab off of my body, couldn't hurt. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Things are slowing down here at last. From the night of mother's massive stroke to yesterday, it was non-stop tough going. The kids went home yesterday and I finished the obituary today, so from here on, things will be quieter if a bit lonelier, because the vacancy left behind that was where my mother fit into our lives is more prominent.

Just a tip... If you are in a situation where you might send flowers to a family, send an Edible Arrangement instead. Its what I have been living on for days and days. Delicious.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Rob - Sorry to hear about your mother. Lost mine 12 years ago when she was 55 and still hurts.

Off to the metropolis of Minneapolis, MN this week for the official audit. Just found out the company is providing all meals as a means to keeping us sequestered all day in the event of data requests, interviews etc. Expect me to be attempting to order salad instead of the 9000 calorie breakfasts, and lunches and snacks they are providing. No way can I handle that. I'll be hitting the 24 hour fitness center at the hotel after working 16 hour days, so I'll be on here at strange times from my iPhone probably. I just can't wait LOL! It is almost over though and then I can release the Chevy II next weekend and keep working on the Corvair. Light at the end of the tunnel...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Ember » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:37 pm

Sincerest condolences Rob. If there is anything that you need you have only to ask and one of the HRW family will be happy to help.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Yes, Rob...give me a holler sometime when your done eating.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:32 am

I'll wait until the grandkids have gone, then I promise, I'll call.

Thank you all very much.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale