Our mn guest

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Our mn guest

Postby Gameover » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 pm

This week we had a special guest come race with us. It was a blast we had our entire normal crew together for the first time in months and a special guest. I got to meet my first hrw forum meber from out if town. It was a blast! We had a great time racing and chatting! There are some pictures that where taken but i havent seen them posted yet...... Dave you build that track on the floor yet? :dance:
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: Our mn guest

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Not just your first out of town guest - a moderator no less.
And indeed....the King of the Dum-Dums himself. :bow-blue:

Hizzoner was a great sport, considering.....we even let him put a car on the floor where no one else had managed (and yes.....he has all the pics) so we will see what he wants to post. But yes....we had a blast!

Hopefully when he comes back next time, we will be able to get together again.

Anyone that gets up this way, let us know!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:47 pm

I had a great time with you guys! Thanks a million for the limo service and a relaxing evening. I'll do a write up tomorrow as I just got home but here's some pics!

Me checking out the carpet...

Oh, and Steve's 1:1 slot car I swear I didn't wreck it, I only sat in it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby BRP32 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 am

What a great looking track!

Great scenery!

And a 1:1 AC Cobra also?

I'm so jealous!!!! :lol:

Thanks guys for sharing the fun!

Wish I could be there also!

Wayne :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 am

Great stuff. Thank goodness we have a higher class ambassador like Doc to visit these great places, otherwise HRW would have an even worse reputation.

Always liked the photos of this track. Looks like you are blessed to have some great folks nearby as well.

Look forward to more.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Not sure I'm a great ambassador, but more on that later...

When Steve (racer1h) and Paul (chappyman66 ) contacted me about stopping by, I told them I was car-less since Minneapolis has a light rail from the airport to the downtown area where my offices and hotel were. I know zero about the area and had no idea how to get around. No problem - Steve immediately tells me he'll pick me up. There's the MN spirit I've heard about!

Steve braved the INSANE traffic into downtown and we cruised out towards Lake Minnetonka in style! Stopping off for a pizza on the way to his home (He did offer to take me to Mac and Don's - that's McDonald's to a highlander like me), we had a great time getting acquainted. His lovely bride was very nice and is obviously a bad judge of character to allow this kind of nonsense in her home! What really messed with me was pulling into the garage and seeing a very built CJ7 and a Cobra in the garage. Seriously? I'm going to love this place!

Steve's track is a marvel. There is no way that you can take it all in at once. A HUGE Carrera track, it has been fully landscaped and there are some seriously cool vignettes and displays all over it. A go-cart track and the LED Gulf and Sunoco signs were some of my favorites. He has a great pit area and the list goes on forever. The track is a monster - fast, but tricky due to some banking and corners where you just don't expect it. I loved running on this thing.

The computer system they run is Slot Track and has built-in handicapping and fuel. I'm FREAKING SOLD on this thing. Not only did the breakout and handicap actually make me feel like I might have a shot at winning (yeah, right!), the fuel stops were simply awesome fun to throw into the mix. I missed the sensor twice and lost laps. You want to know the cool thing though? Both Steve S(Gameover here on HRW) and Bryan both stopped and waited so we could race door to door again. If I'd closed my eyes, I'd have sworn I was at HRW racing with the guys there - the camaraderie is that good.

In my honor (and knowing that I can't drive anything more exotic worth a darn) they ran a T/A class that night. I'm sorry to say that I peeled almost all the paint on every bush, guardrail, tree, and other car off with my mad driving skills. Jeremy wasn't even on the track or in the State! I managed to even find a secret portal to the carpet as you can see. The good-natured howling when that occurred was sadly all too familiar to me...

Paul excitedly told me he had something for me. As he's reaching into a bag of parts, I saw the familiar SCC logo and knew I was had. Yep! Dum-Dums! I can even be seen with one in the pics again. It seems my reputation has once again preceded me.

The guys were all so nice, the racing was excellent, the cars fantastic, and the night was over too soon. Chris took me back to the hotel and it was just nice getting to again meet folks in this great hobby.

Through HRW, I've met and raced folks in New Jersey (red73mustang), Florida (Listerstorm) and Tennessee (Crossovercrazy, Tubby, and Bibbster) to name but a few. I've even had people from Denmark come race at my house too. It just proves what a great forum this is and what a great hobby should be about.

Now I have to get back up there and there's still a few places I've not gone (Shotgun better look out if I get to come to California!).
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ccobra » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:12 pm

You heard it here first, the exclusive sound track of Dave sitting in the cobra. http://butifnot.tripod.com/racecar.html
Sorry Dave, I just couldn't resist.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Do know .... we had as much fun racing and BS-ing with Dave as he did being here!!
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Great stuff guys...free slotburgers for you.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey dave when you bring a rustang to play with my mopar im ready to lay back a few laps :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale