[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another Classic for the road course

Another Classic for the road course

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Another Classic for the road course

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:29 pm

New ride for my classic series,MT-1 Motor,wire wheels and no mag, makes for some scale fun racing on my road course!Image
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Another Classic for the road course

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:45 pm

Sharp looking MG there - love the wire wheels too!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:24 pm

Yes sir, mighty fine ride!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 pm

That's another really great car that came out and sold fairly well in the two liveries they did (nothing like the blowout I would have thought), and they never did another livery before "whateveritwasthathappenedtoSCX" came about. I've been slowly acquiring a fleet of them when they go on sale, and one day I'm going to do a bunch of re-liveries.

By the way, those BRM wheels look great, much better than I would have thought. Save the originals, they are very good wheels. I try to find them for sale, too.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby legrandnormand » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 pm

legrandnormand
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

It is an MG, Got this one from Austin, who I assume was the original builder. They are BRM wires,and they sure are true,and very nice quality. I really like this baby,she drives great.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ember » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:02 pm

The SCX MGA is a lovely car. They actually produced 3 liveries. There is a two-tone blue/green one which is very pretty. There were to be more, but things seem to still be in limbo.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Dundee Denny » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:57 pm

When I see these cars I just think "classy and fast"!!

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SRQSloter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Nice looking car!! Those wires are sweet also. I was looking at those to buy for my Maserati A6gcs when I get time to do it.

:handgestures-thumbup:
SRQSloter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 pm

The Maserati is a much heavier car and would look great with them.

Denny- Mine wasn't fast, but it was so much fun I didn't notice.

Lynne- I remember a 2-tone green MGA called "Lund" that I never got a shot at before it was gone. I look for them all the time, but they are gone, I think.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

They were being sold off cheaply at one of the UK Hobby chains. Unfortunately I didn't get anyone to get me one. Really gorgeous car. Probably still some out there lurking on dark and dusty shelves somewhere.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Well Bob, I have 2 builds to do now. Aside from putting new siding on the HRW BBQ Roach Coach.

1. VNFR NASCAR
2. Classic Conversion

We spoke about the plans I have for some of the older Carrera models. Well, seeing this sealed the deal.

Time to heat up the ye olde forge and get busy :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Harry Slotter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:58 am

Harry Slotter

Postby Czar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:09 am

The MGA is one of my favorite cars, for several reasons. My first 1:1 car was a white, 1959 MGA (bought in 1966) that was pretty near the end of its life - but it was a real sports car. Anyway, as has already been noted, these models are really delightful cars to drive, and the headlights are some of the best in the business. Now I need to get some of those BRM wheels to take it over the top. Really nice car.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale