[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Another Classic for the road course

Another Classic for the road course

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Another Classic for the road course

Postby AllanI » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:58 am

Ted Lund was an MG driver active in the 1950's. The SCX Lund car is not very accurate, not least because the driver is on the wrong side. Strictly speaking that car was not an MGA but one of the EX series of prototypes.
Having said that the white MGA above does look great as do others in this series.

Allan
AllanI

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Ember » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 pm

There are detail faults in all of the MGAs, but that's nothing unusual. The pilots in the red "Dames" car should be female, but aren't. And they're all left hand drive, but should be right. I'm willing to accept these things. It's such a pretty little car. And it looks great lapping on the track.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:31 am

Bob, Do you still have the original rear axle set out of that car? I could use one because One of my two MGA's came with a bouncy rear axle due to a wobbly wheel. I might be able to come up with something to trade for her. Nice job on the redo by the way.
Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 am

Mike, i wish i did buddy,as i would ship them right to ya! but i got this ride as is,and have just givin it a good home and lots of love! :lol:
But i will be on the look out for some as i am trading and collecting up these old sports cars currently.and may run across some.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks Bob, I'll run across something some day or will do as you have done to that car. Those MGA's are pretty nice sliders for such a narrow car and I think they are powered just about right for my needs. I like them better than the Scaley MGB that I have. Too bad SCX wouldn't have had the opportunity to extend that line of sports cars.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale