[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot car calendar

Slot car calendar

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Re: Slot car calendar

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Take my word for it, Lynne- they don't make Spandex big enough for me in any direction, so that's out, and no bare naked flesh... unless I can talk Dave's wife into a sneak shot! Then you're on your own!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby fotodoug » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:57 pm

I think you need to request submissions almost immediately, then someone needs to chose 13 images. Maybe you can have a "Calendar Contest", votes will chose what gets printed, and what size/shape (square, horizontal, or vertical). The more buzz you can generate about the images, the more people will buy. You could ask for pre-orders at $25. If you work your calculations backward with size and paper/print quality, you should be able to figure out pretty quickly how many need to be sold to break even. :banana-gotpics:
fotodoug

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Ember » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:01 pm

I know I'm repeating myself but I really must stress the resolution requirements. The competition entries will need to be reduced to forum type sizes (800x600 or similar) for submission but a high resolution copy of the file will be required for printing in a quality calendar.

It would probably be a good idea to choose a printer (you might even consider print on demand sources like Lulu.com) and find out their file requirements before setting anything in concrete.

[grump]Wish my new camera would hurry up and arrive![/grump]
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby fotodoug » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 pm

If you want quality entries, why limit it to one per person? I know of a half a dozen shots of Peter's and Lynn's alone that I could see in a calendar!
fotodoug

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Well this way more folks get a chance to have their picture in it. If we wanted to we sure could pick plenty from those 2.

But it would appeal to me overall if more folks sent them in and we had a wider variety.

So it's up...and now hope you all join in and send in a photo. This can be fun.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby fotodoug » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 pm

It's a matter of numbers...you had 25 entries in the last contest. That means every second shot got in. If you get 100 entries, 1 in 4 get in. How many landscapes do you think are considered before you get a popular calendar? If you want this thing to appeal to the most people...not just the people who enter, you need LOTS of entries...but that's just my opinion.
fotodoug

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 pm

We had 25 entries in a themed contest. Not everyone has TA cars. We will see how it goes.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Very cool! I will have to see what I can come up with! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby baford1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Please slot cars no swimsuits I would be interested it would look nice printed on a good 200gsm gloss art paper

Richard
baford1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby whitworthnut » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:35 pm

I assumed as an HRW Calendar it was open to all scales.
whitworthnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby a110alpine » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:44 pm

I am good for one. I would even pay for one with just kev"s jouef layout featured in a dozen photos and the cover. so there. of course you could have one pic from each of home racing's board index of forums. just thinking here.
a110alpine

Postby Gameover » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:28 pm

The calendar contest and calendar is open to all scales now :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Previous

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge