[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Slot car calendar

Slot car calendar

Friendly, Off Topic Chatter

Slot car calendar

Postby Gameover » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Ok so it was posted earlier in the monthly photo contest page about a slot car calendar. Well I've been thinking about doing one. This thread is to test the waters on how many would actually order one? The profits from said calendar would go to HRW. I'll donate my time putting this together and getting them made and shipped out. This would be a yearly thing. With some quick research I'm thinking the cost would be around $25 and maybe a few bucks for shipping. Please post thoughts and or suggestions.

As of now being that there is only 3 months to get these done this year I'm thinking about an entirely different non themed contest. The top top 13 make the calendar. The top photo makes the cover.... This would run along with next months themed contest.

The members that have Pm'd me they want one

1. Old Johnny
2. Shotgundave
3. Dave
4. Ember
5. whitworthnut
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: Slot car calendar

Postby Ember » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:08 pm

I think it's a good idea. There will be a few things to think about though. The photo quality required for print media is much higher than that needed for the forum. I'm sure people would be very disappointed to pay for a calendar only to find the photos unrecognizable.

And paper quality is essential. A lot of people keep calendar pictures for decorating walls. It would be preferable to have a quality print on quality paper.

Having said that I think the idea a goodun.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 am

We are looking into the options, thanks guys. You make excellent points.

Maybe a swimsuit edition is a great way to say thank you for the coffee mug Ember?

Or maybe not.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Ember » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 am

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby FootScoot » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 am

The calendar is a good idea, but no one, and I do mean no one would want to see me in a swimsuit. :laughing-rolling: I remember the last time I went to the beach and heard, "Grab the harpoons boys! We got us a beached one! :mrgreen:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Czar » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:30 am

Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 am

just let me change into my speedo, oh how the camera loves me :bow-blue:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 am

I know. Whoever started this swimsuit idea..? Your in big trouble little mister.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 am

PLEASE , cancel any order for a calender that i might have made, or will ever make! :lol:
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:40 am

Drew Carey (from Parma, a slot car haven for decades), said that he doesn't wear Speedos because he has respect for his fellow man. "No one wants to see a giant marshmallow with a rubber band stretched around it at the beach."
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:38 am

Well I'm it's a swim suit calendar I call. The cover I look like Channing Tatum in the dark!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Back on topic. Please pm me if you would be interested in on of these calendars. Would like to get a head count. The cost as of now would be $25 plus shipping. I'll make a list then when we get closer we will confirm with an order and get them shipped out. Once I know we have people interested I'll start a contest for the 2015 calendar. Thanks.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby DAVE » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 pm

If the profits go to HRW sign me up.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Ember » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:07 pm

You can definitely count me in provided there is no lycra, spandex or bare naked flesh involved.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Next

Return to Bench Racer's Lounge