[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Getting hard to choose isn't it?

Getting hard to choose isn't it?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Getting hard to choose isn't it?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Quite a few new cars coming our way lately.

Not all are new molds, but a new livery is sometimes all it takes to make you want it. Even if you have 3 of them already :)

Anyone else having a hard time choosing lately?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Getting hard to choose isn't it?

Postby Gameover » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Yes. And next to all the new ones it's all the old ones that where here before I started. I'm getting it on both ends.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Whew...good :)

You are not alone on the Flys. As my recent review shows, I'm still addicted to them.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby miveson » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:46 pm

For me the hard part is saying no rather than choosing.

Impressed with the Scalextric Legends, loving the Sideways Group 5's and trying hard to keep the collection up to date with the new releases.
miveson
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:28 am

spoilt for choice we are!
Last edited by Dangermouse on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:15 am

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby FootScoot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 am

I don't have trouble choosing as I'm limited as to what I can afford. No money, no cars. It's no fun getting old and having to choose between toys and food. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:45 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Gameover » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:07 am

Fly classics. Love em! One of my favorite classes!!! Love rebuilding them and running them! Mine run almost as fast as my slot its.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

I know that many of us start out trying to limit car purchases to a specific era or type. I started out wanting only to get modern GT sports cars but that plan fell apart almost immediately. The oldest car I own is the Scaley Mercedes from 1955 along with the D type Jaguar. I have also branched out to some F1 cars going back to the late 1960s. Then I ended up with more than a few LMP cars, and the same with Trans Am cars of the late 1960's. But my buying frenzy has finally tapered off and I am trying to buy only new products of vehicles I really dig. Although an occasional trans am Camaro in a new livery ends up in my possession.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:06 am

I stopped buying 1/32 cars (for the most part) some years ago and switched to 1/43; two reasons for this: I had too many 1/32 cars and nowhere left to put them and I felt like a 1/43 track and cars would suit me better! Good thing about 1/43 is it pretty self limiting; there's not that many cars so it's easy to buy'em all and since I have sworn off any new shelf queens I can take'em out of the box and throw it away so they don't take much space either.

NOW, I went on a sellers web site the other day after I got a link in my email and quite frankly I was blown away by all the 1/32 cars out there!!! A whole slew of Ninco Classics & Cartrix I had not seen before, along with some other intriguing new stuff had me thinking "OH I could get that!" :drool: Luckily, I held off, because as I said I have WAY too many already! :) It makes me wonder who buys all these things anyway???? :think:

Still, my next track should be 1/32 compatible so maybe there are some new cars in my future? . . . Just a few! :o
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtimer » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:00 pm

My collection is small and dictated by affordability. When I buy, I have committed shelf queens and cars that I tinker with and race.
What I have found myself doing is purchasing a variety of cars over a period of time and then selling some off to buy new ones I like.
What I have also done is get remorseful after the sale and re-purchase a car I just sold over again. I have also liked one car so much, that I have bought (2) examples....one for display, the other to race (just bought my second Racer 935/78 Porsche which I will prepare for slot car racing this winter).
oldtimer

Postby jcis4me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:49 am

I used to collect EVERYTHING! but couldnt keep up with all the tuning. So now I concentrate on Ninco 356's and any 911 porsche's.
Since my track is smaller I've been using the smaller wheel base cars to make racing "look" more authentic.
Marty
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:37 am

FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 am

I started trimming the fleet years ago. Decided to concentrate mostly on T/A, C/A, GP, some stock cars and sports cars. I sold off tons of Fly, Slot.it, and Group 5 stuff. I can't race them all and was frankly tired of thinking I needed some or all of a 100 different racing classes. I am easily down over 100 cars since then. Used the cash for other things.

I now try to stick with only getting a few cars a year and instead spend the money on tires, etc to properly tune them. I've gotten 5 cars this year and the wallet hasn't hurt as much! Oops - 6, I just traded for one ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale