[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - slot car / chassis in the future

slot car / chassis in the future

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: slot car / chassis in the future

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 pm

I would have if I had a clue what the heck you meant by CYA.

Is there anyone else that hates TLAs?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Cover Your A##. Sorry I thought everyone knew that one. That's what anyone who sells anything in the lawyer rich environment of the USA does.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Now you see why I hate TLAs... Three Letter Acronyms.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:19 pm

HRW?

Hater. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:26 pm

WTF? :angry-tappingfoot:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Maybe Harry :)

The 917 and 908 have the funny Fly motor pod in them which has always needed some tuning to get it running well
The T70 and 512 chassis is better by comparison. I do run most of my T70s with slot.it rear ends and they are smooth my 512s are stock with a tyre change they aren't as quiet as the T70s but they are as smooth.... (by smooth I mean how they move around the track - no hopping - jittering or shudders that you often see with a un-tuned Fly car)

My BMW M1 is a race winner with stock running gear and a set of my tyres....

I would be interested to see if Mr Changing-Gears has done a comparison between his chassis with stock running gear and the standard Fly chassis - I think having a motor pod would at least make a difference in the 908 and 917

Well Mr - C-G any comparisons for us please :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:01 am

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:08 am

I am thinking you have probably spent the equivalent of a whole day making those 2806 posts on here Lynne

click your heals together 3 times :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 am

The one issue that may arise is utilizing this pod with the more precision bushings. The Fly axles, being knurled, won't fit through them.

But hey, we all do things different. If you get one, let us know how it works. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:19 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Ember » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:37 am

It's a short form of the Aussie "yeah narh" which means no or "narh yeah" which means essentially yes.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Postby Dangermouse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:47 am

could use the Devis with snap in bushings

Thing is with these replacement chassis ideas -if you are going to buy a chassis - $15 + pod $7 and wheels $9 and motor $17 (or go the piranha for $8) and guide $4 and axles $3 and gears $12 and wires $1 = $68
be easier and cheaper to go for a slot.it HRS chassis for $50

I am not bagging the product just making an observation that if the intent is to replace everything except the body then that is an expensive proposition - given you pay $50 for one of these Fly cars and then another $68 for parts might make a few dollars back on selling the unused bits I guess....
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:04 pm

Once you get into any hobby to the level we are, it isn't cheap. Then again, if stuff costs less wouldn't I just buy more?

If I have a resin body ($30), then I also need paint ($8) and decals ($8), and maybe a driver's figure ($4) to go in a homemade interior. Now if I buy an RTR car for the running gear that's $50, but 'cause the resin bodied cars are a bit top heavy compared to RTR plastic bodied cars, mine are at a small disadvantage even though I've already invested $100. Tuning helps make them run better. I'm guessing if I could get a 3D chassis that fits the body, by the time I add tuner parts it will be about the same total price. Logical?

Also, when I scavenge a chassis from an RTR car, I have a spare body which talks to me and says how great it could be if I just painted it, added decals, and made it into a new replica livery. But, then I need another chassis and...

Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:08 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale