[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGIF! This whole "work" thing...

TGIF! This whole "work" thing...

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGIF! This whole "work" thing...

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:17 am

What a week, and it's not over yet. Been a long week around here as my "1-1" job has got in the way of this one a little.

I still cannot thank all of you enough on the recent raffle. No other words come to me on that one.

New product reviews are coming, but one of the most important car of the year, The Kafer Beetle, is already here. What a great little car.

Later today we will posting one more little item for the tuners out there. Pretty exciting news in my eyes...stay tuned.

Weekend plans are more product review work and hopefully some time to finish my RMS Nova and MT Racing Torino. Poor cars have sat ignored almost all week. More projects on the bench await me and time to get started.

Hope all of you have a had a decent week and that you have a great weekend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGIF! This whole "work" thing...

Postby buspor63 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:30 am

...... I'm off on Friday's........ Gotta get to work on the track though ;-)
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:07 am

Trying to get ahead a bit on Thanksgiving. I've never made Thanksgiving for so few people, and its a real problem. How does one make half a pie or half a cake? I actually figured out half a turkey, it can be done. I can make a third of the deviled eggs I usually do, but I'm not so sure about a sweet potato casserole made with one sweet potato. How about green bean casserole with one can of beans? Seems a bit odd. The thing is, I don't like throwing food away, and Thanksgiving food doesn't keep all that long. No matter what they tell you, you don't get good results from freezing that kind of stuff. Complicate all that with one eater who only eats weird foods (ever heard of quinoa? it tastes just like dirt), and another who has the appetite of a flea.

When I get the menu figured out and the groceries bought, I am revisiting my entries for some of these fun run proxies. A lot of times, I build the car quick and early because I may not have time later. The trouble is, rules get refined and sometimes, I'm caught out, so I double check a lot.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby studioRS » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:21 am

Boss thank you for the well wishes, so looking forward to the weekend. There's a special decal project that needs particular attention and little yellow Speedster that needs some direction.

Cheers, Thompson
studioRS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:40 am

Day off here for me. Waiting on Carrie at carreraslots.com to email me back. Hoping to stop in and see her. I still have my track in pieces and it's killing me lol. Have a few cars on the bench including a 1993 f150 that I want to get a chassis built for but need running gear for it. Lots going on here too. I would have loved to get in on the razor raffle but I still have a few things people are holding for me I need to pay for yet. And razor Jon is one of them. He has a chassis jig with my name on it! And I found my last cuda too! Not to mention all the other cars I just have to have. I have some remaining 1/43 stuff I'm going to try to trade in with Carrie today. We will see what we come up with.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby RazorJon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:34 am

What a week, and its not over, after I get of at midnight my boss would like me to be back in at 8 AM Saturday :violence-smack:

After I laughed in his face :laughing-rolling: he said 10AM would be fine then

Big Thanks To all you crazy kids that played the Razor Raffle, I am still shocked the turnout we had and I am so happy to help out HRW :text-bravo:

I got a Nova that needs paint and mounted to a chassis and I think this will be my greatest build yet
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby btaylor » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:45 am

We had storms come thru at the beginning of the week,and a tornado very close. No internet at work since then, so I have had to keep up with all the Pan Am posts after work. Hope I am getting back to everyone that's Pm'd me,and have made posts!.
Also doing what was a secret project, I am expanding my Road course to right at 90 feet! should be done with the track part soon, the scenery will be a little slower. I want the first leg of the Pan Am to be a Good un' :lol:
And I want to thank Olskoolslotz, for his digging up the needed antique sections I needed to keep my track ALL vintage parts.
Have a great weekend all!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby buspor63 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:01 pm

I just bought 12 of the AMT slot car kits @ $15 each to use for a church youth group activity in January. If I had been at work, I wouldn't have found them locally...... Now to get back to routing..
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Quiet time here this weekend. Bit of a tidy up for a possible visit from His Lordship's nephew. Then hopefully get the soldering iron to work on a couple of projects.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:59 pm

I was late to the whole razor raffle party so I simply ordered a Tire Razor today just to make sure I had a winning ticket! Can't wait for it to arrive. I've been rearranging my garage space, folded the HO track up on its side and am preparing to build a table to rebuild my 1/32 track again (the original). I have had a few false starts but it's getting closer to fruition. In my limited space it's always 80% prep and then 20% actual building to make it happen. I just always underestimate the prep I need to do. But getting there...
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby FootScoot » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:47 am

I finally finish the project I had going for a few weeks now, just need a driver for it, which is on it's way thanks to Chappy, thanks again Bob. I have already started another build. I need to finish the chassis and figure out the body mounts. Should be neat when finished. Everyone have a good weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:07 pm

No slots this weekend as we had a lot to do:

Hung the lights on the house while the weather was clear before today's snow
Painted the study with the Fetching Mrs. Reinecke
Spent time at a house the daughter is house sitting as a spring on the garage door broke and the repair guys were there. In the garage? An honest to goodness 1974 RSR Porsche with a heavy pedigree. Very cool!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:24 pm

"Painted the study with the Fetching Mrs. Reinecke"

You guys live too high in the upper atmosphere. Why not just use a brush or a roller? She's going to be uh, cross with you.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Abarth Mike » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 am

Abarth Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale