[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - TGI Hump Day? Happy Thanksgiving.

TGI Hump Day? Happy Thanksgiving.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

TGI Hump Day? Happy Thanksgiving.

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:36 am

For many of us this is our early Friday. So, I thought why not ramble a little?

Past couple weeks have been a busy time around here. My 1:1 job sort of went crazy and I have been kind of out of it during the day. Now that things are back to normal, time to catch up on a few things.

More product reviews on the way as well as more Slot Car Garage articles. Thanks go to Turbokev for his great write up and there are a couple more folks working on submissions. Good to see and we thank you.

Many paged on HRW have been updated. All reviews sections, Pit Row/SCG, and of course the main page. As latest news comes to me, I post it. I notice some folks doing the same, cannot thank you enough.

Many of you will be traveling this weekend. Try to travel safely and hope to see you back at old HRW soon. We have our little grand kids and family arriving and the cooking will begin :) Our weather won't be too bad and that will help "Old Smokey" the meat smoker, easy to work with. Did I ever tell you the time I had to break an inch of ice off the grill to start the day?

We hope all of you have a fun weekend. That list of what we are thankful for is a country mile long and on it are folks like yourself who allow us to have a nice little corner of the web to talk about our addicition :).

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. :flags-waveusa:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: TGI Hump Day? Happy Thanksgiving.

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:43 am

Happy thanksgiving all!
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:46 am

Just writing to wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving!

We are truly blessed for all we have in life and the wonderful families and friends to share it with.

Warm wishes to you all in the holiday season,

Wayne(Bolton's Speed Shop) :D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:49 am

Hope you all eat a lot and enjoy your friends and family.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 am

Copper tape will be here today, so if my extended belly will let me,The road course extension will be up and running!
Building a large vintage pit building right now as well, will have all vintage 1966 figures,and accessories,so it should be a great photo op area when finished. Will be frying two turkeys tomorrow!,and smoking two breasts for friends,so ill be busy cooking as well.

Hope all my friends on here have a great T-day,and safe traveling if doing so, and maybe get some track time in with friends and family! Cant say enough good about the site Harry! it is great,and very informative,And definitely an overall friendly place to hang out.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:35 am

Working from home today! No sense in driving into the office to do documentation when no one will be there but me! I got 29 more minutes of goofing around before I'm on the clock!

Making my word-famous spaghetti sauce this morning. Sauce is already in the slow cooker and the aroma of garlic and sausage is in the air. That'll be how I get ready for tomorrow's feast - by eating too much pasta tonight!

Thanksgiving is at my sister's this year, so we are bringing pies...meaning the house will smell like pumpkin and apples and cinnamon this evening!

The slot-cave is in shambles as we get ready to start painting it this weekend. I CANNOT wait! This will lead to my being able to finally get started on the landscaping of the PDR once the room is together. The fetching Mrs. Reinecke and the younger version of her have both been helping with decorating ideas. They have had some surprisingly cool ones...iron pipe stair handrail for one...I'm liking where this is going.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for this site and the great friends I've met here.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby J Y D » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:44 am

I hope all of you have a safe & enjoyable day filled with family & friends.
Great food & Great Times ... That's what it's all about.

From our home to yours.
J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby youngster » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:01 am

A HAPPY THANKSGIIVING TO ALL YA'LL From The Piney Woodsof EAST TEXAS
Everyone; Please Stay Safe and Well;

YOUNGSTER
youngster

Postby turbokev » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:15 am

Happy Thanksgiving Harry and the HRW family Image

We are expected to get 8-10 inches of snow overnight but that's nothing to us hearty New Hampshirites..
Guests will arrive tomorrow to a freshly plowed driveway and more food than they will know what to do with :mrgreen:

Hope you all stay safe and enjoy the long weekend~
turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at HRW. This is a great site and it's always a pleasure to hang out around here. Me, I have to bake a lemon meringue pie today. If I get inspired I may make an apple pie too. Visiting my ex and the ex-inlaws (outlaws?) tomorrow so there's that. But it's all about spending time with my boys - I took this week off from work to hang with them (school break) and also work on the garage (insulating and adding some drywall to make for a nicer racing environment). Build it and they will come as they say. Oh, I visited my local hobby store and picked up the new Slot It Matra - the green stripe pushed me over the edge. Great looking car. Safe travels to everyone!
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving HRW

u bunch of turkeys :laughing-rolling:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby sixtiesracer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:42 am

All the best to the world wide family !!From Concord, N.H.
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:24 pm

New Hampshirites?

Kevin, is that what they are called? When I was a kid they were "Dangblasted Yankee Aggressors". Times change, I guess. Its a better name than the one I was raised on, anyway. I'm sooo old.

Around here, its cook, cook, cook. The dressing is done, the pie is underway, I'll do the cake later this afternoon, and the casseroles are ready to go in the oven tomorrow. The turkey has been brining for days, and I'll wait until tomorrow to do the devilled eggs and other little stuff.

Its easier to be sincere about wishing everybody a Happy Thanksgiving when the bulk of the work is done... is that wrong? Happy Thanksgiving anyway! I'm very grateful for all of you (even Kevin and even El Sucko), here at HRW. Visiting HRW really makes my day.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:24 pm

I hope you guys all have a wonderful day with your families.

Enjoy the over abundance of food.....

And the follow up food coma....
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Ouch.

We had snow this AM...all gone now. Have a chicken in brine and a ham ready for the smoker. The General made her famous pinwheels and deviled eggs. And I bought the grand babies a giant Reese peanut butter cup. Big around as a coffee saucer!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale