[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New GP arivals at Cherokee point!

New GP arivals at Cherokee point!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New GP arivals at Cherokee point!

Postby btaylor » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Got some much awaited cars in today! My Aston martin DBR4, Talbot, and my elusive BRM! (#115) All are Cartrix legends.
Pretty happy with the line up so far.ImageImageImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: New GP arivals at Cherokee point!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

What a grid!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dangermouse » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Sweet - I have a D50 on the way....

I really like these cars......
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:26 pm

I have a few of the original Scalextric rear engine F1 Cars, one has the Ackerman front end.
( I also want to get the D50)

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby sixtiesracer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:52 pm

I purchased a 61 Ferrari F-1 at a LHS.It looks like it might be a Scaley car.The inventory in this store moves very slowly.It was way up on a top shelf.Even the owner of the store didn't recognize it :| .Is there a source for rear tires so I can get it to run on a MDF track??
sixtiesracer
The Rustinator

Postby btaylor » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Would this help? these cars are older.
http://stores.ebay.com/paulsslotcarshop ... 4865840012
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby dge467 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 pm

That is a great looking line up!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Nice fleet Bob. You do collect a lot of classics. :text-bravo:

I recently acquired my first classic GP. She is a used Scaley #12 Ferrari like the one you pictured that I bought here on the board from Austin. I had a friend over today to play with slot cars so I put that car on my wood track for the first time. I was really impressed with the car. It is one of the smoothest and quietest cars I have. I couldn't believe that it has a front motor. It came to me with urethanes and a pretty good sized chunk of lead on the bottom. I'm looking forward to opening her up to see how this driveling runs so smoothly.

Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:08 am

Between the Cartrix and the Scalextric classic GP's which are the better car? I know the obvious differences between front and conventional inline motor placement. But what about overall build quality?
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:37 am

I would say the Scalextric cars are a little better built, but thats an overall viewpoint,as they vary from car to car, At least in my limited collection. Even the detail of the cars is somewhat varied. I ran all three of the newest cars last night,and found them to be pretty much matched right out of the box. The Talbot was amazingly smooth,and a joy to drive.
The BRM had some sticking guide issues,and would not recover well from a drift. an easy fix. Tires on the DBR4 were a little different compound,or had gotten dry from age,as it was an 08 release i believe. As with all the vintage GP cars, the skinny tires and narrow track, make them a drivers car, and you really have to be on your toes in the technical parts of the track. I will do timed laps this weekend to see what needs done to match them all up for racing. It will probably be as simple as PG tires for most of them, and the usual chassis fixes, axle spacers, bushings glued etc.
But overall, they run pretty much equal in my opinion.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby goosenapper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:40 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am

I agree 100%, I did find however, that the Scaley's will get very drivable at lower voltages. the hotter motors tame down a good bit,and the lower voltages seem to be just right for the Cartrix cars. Maybe thats why i have a more even playing field on the cars. But yes, at 12 volts the Scaley's are way to fast,and hard to negotiate around corners.
The Cartrix BRM above has that "toy like" look, a driver change would help a bunch!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby goosenapper » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:16 am

Scalextric or Catrix, it really doesn't matter when they're on your track. Everything looks great.

You've got a circuit to be proud of there!
:clap:
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:20 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale