[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Autographed Cars

Autographed Cars

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Autographed Cars

Postby hkrslot » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Some of my most prized cars I own are cars that I have had autographed by drivers and team owners. Here is my Scaly MG Lola signed by James Weaver and Butch Leitzinger. And my DP Telmex car signed by Scott Pruett and Memo Rajas. I live in Poughkeepsie NY which is home to the Dyson racing team. I stopped by their shop one day to get it autographed and was informed that the team was away testing. But some tools and parts were being sent down south and my car could hitch a ride in one of the tool boxes. Once their it would be signed while at winter testing. A month later I stopped back to the shop and retrieved the autographed car. The Telmex car was signed at Lime Rock race park during and a team autograph session before a American LeMans race. All of the teams and drivers were very impressed with the cars detail and loved the fact that these cars are raced. In fact Rob Dyson asked what was one of the most important factors in car set up for racing. I told him tire maintance he laughed and said he guessed it didn't matter what scale the cars are if the tires aren't write you aren't winning. I know their are others whom have had cars signed as well. I thought it would be cool to see them and read their stories.
user20487_pic57250_1415318391.jpg
hkrslot

Re: Autographed Cars

Postby loosewheel » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Scott is one of my favorite drivers, you're very lucky! :dance:
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Nice one.

Only autograph I've got is Ernie Mossetti's on the card insert from a MR SlotCar Mazda 787B.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby turbokev » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Sir Stirling Moss

turbokev
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby hkrslot » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:03 am

Very cool guys, what other autographed collectibles can you not only display but race as well.
hkrslot

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:11 am

Here is my Jimmie Johnson autographed Scaley...
:D

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:25 pm

I've had a few signed, mostly by old timers like Sterlingshown above. I've got Jim Hall signed Cox kit, a Monogram Cobra signed by Shelby & Bonduraunt( probably mis-spelled his name) & a few more.
KnowtoriousWon

Postby Gameover » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:35 pm

No signed cars here and can't believe Dave is showing off the gameover beast lol. No worries dave I'd hide that too :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale