[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

Older topics that might still have some photos for reference material.

Re: The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

Postby strangebrew » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:52 am

Looks pretty good to me. Your designs always inspire.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Been working on a couple Showdown entries...............
Got a FORD Fiesta mod on my desk.

Also doing a Monza sporstman.
(Got some paint dry issues or they would be finished by now) :?:

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Look at you go. I need to get back to the bench.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:12 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:51 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:26 pm

What a car. Has to be the fastest a Monza ever went :P
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:30 am

Thanks for the inspiration. I am working on a modified right now, and hope to have something ready in time. I look to your pictures for guidance.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Here is my first crack at building a brass modified stock car. Strangebrew supplied the inspiration as well as a resin casting for my effort.

This will be done up in BARC Racing colors, and I should have it ready to enter into this years Modified Class.

Got the rolling chassis finished today. I will install the running gear later today and give it a shakedown.

I'll have to get a set of larger rear tires for it as well

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Great start.Looks tough enough to take that "open wheel abuse"........... :D
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:45 am

Just to try and do something different, I mounted a Minebea slimcan up front for power, I was going to use it as the engine block, and add the heads and intake manifold right on the motor.

For trials I just have the engine hot glued in to see how it works. A little light in the back end, but other then that it runs OK.

I was thinking of sending this into the Proxy with this motor as a demo. I originally had a Ninco NC 8 mounted midship, but this small can outperformed it. The smaller motor footprint just allows so much more detailing, and if the car doesn't suffer from performance it is hard not to use it. The low profile makes it easy to line up with the crown, and lends itself well to a simple flat pan chassis

This is the same type of motor I sent in to Harry's Brass Am open in My Porsche 911. I thought the information on how this motor performs might be of interest to others so seeing how it does against the other submitted Brass Am cars will be an evaluation of this type of slim can. Again I realize this is skirting the motor rule, but I will have one car entered with the piranha , and this car will just be a Demo for Harry to evaluate.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:04 am

Dan,

Whatever do you do in your spare time?

Val...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:54 am

Being retired, all my time is spare :dance: :dance:
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:07 pm

I made up a proper engine mount, and got the chassis painted. The motor and drive line is all removable as it is held in place with some miniature nuts and bolts. This allows me to remove the complete front engine set up and return the chassis to a mid engine drive.

Got the engine block( Motor) painted GM orange. I thinking this car will have a small block Chevy in it. :D
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:28 pm

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW Archives