[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ideas on a layout..Jouef,James Bond....

Ideas on a layout..Jouef,James Bond....

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Ideas on a layout..Jouef,James Bond....

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:35 pm

You may recognize this type of layout. ;) I've enjoyed reading and watching Kev's Jouef layout from day one.
The track has always looked like a fun road course to run on.I've also always
wanted a semi-permanent 1/43 layout.One that could be landscaped,but also stored on it's side if needed.So this mock up is kinda a copy of Kev's as it stands now.Hope he doesn't mind.Just had to see how it was to run on.Plenty of room for landscaping but also quite a bit of track that seems to flow very well.I plan on elevating the left rear of the layout and may add a couple more straights or so .While this will be for my small Jouef collection,it will also be for my other 1/43 cars.Plus it will have a James Bond theme . :violence-pistoldouble: Kinda like the ol' Gilbert Sears set that came out for the Gold Finger movie. The plan is to have a strong sturdy table with the track sunk into the top,thus borders all the way around.Needless to say,a lot of non-mag racing,but some mag racing too.It's a tad over 6 by 5 feet as it is now..
You guys have raced on several different layouts,large and small in all scales.Give me your ideas on this project.Positive and negative..
Please over look my racing buddy.He loves carpet racing..
Thanks
Rusty
Last edited by ourwayband on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ideas on a layout..Jouef,James Bond....

Postby MikeySlotCars » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:39 pm

it's small but it looks good so far can't wait to see what you're going to do with elevation & scenery

The only thing I can say is try many , many , many layouts until you find something that you like no matter what people think about it

Just make sure you update with pics when you have more to show I always enjoy seeing pics or video's of layouts no matter how small or big it is or any scales for that matter...

EDIT: BTW even if you like a certain layout you can always change one part of it if you think you got a better idea to make the layout more fun , that is the upside of plastic track easy to try something else before going permanent
I spend about 3 weeks changing some part of my layouts but now it's perfect & ready to start borders
(change one part & test with a car if all good move to another part of the layouts etc...)

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks Mikey..Your correct it's not a big layout,but kinda what I'm looking for.Plan on doing some tweaking ,adding a few straights and see what we come up with.
I can sure see why Kev enjoys his layout though.
thanks
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 pm

We can do that too.......... ;)
Here is one that will just about fit on that 4x8 sheet.A little more track,just narrowed up it a tad, but you still have that road course feel....
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:27 am

i like the 2nd layout way better :)
and now exchange the R1´s after the straight by R2´s or even R3´s to get some speed, too :D
track is carrera spyderman?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:01 am

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:10 am

Like the 2d layout best, Rusty. You could add a couple of R2's and still have a 4X8 board.
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks Chuck,
I believe that the r2's would be a positive change . . I've only ran on the R1's in 1/43 scale.
The driving would have to be smoother.

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Definitely the 2nd one Rusty, and for sure some R2's especially on that lower left outside corner. That should wrap it around the inside corner and knock a few more in. off the width. Nice layout BTW.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Thanks Randy.Sounds like I need to run down some R2's..Just a couple of inches will allow borders there.
Bibbster,we will have it running.Maybe not Friday,but it will be built. :D

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cyclone60 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 pm

:auto-checkeredflag: Be sure to put pictures ! :banana-gotpics: :text-coolphotos:
cyclone60
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosesalute » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:43 pm

Excellent work Rusty! :banana-dance:
The only suggestion I would make is to try and not have different parts of the track too close to each other.
It will look more "natural" that way.
By the way. The track you are creating is based on a mid sixties version of Brands Hatch.
Cheers
Kev
loosesalute

Postby ourwayband » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Thanks Kev,
I agree with you ..
That is the one of the many things I enjoyed with your layout.

Thanks for the suggestion
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:52 pm

MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks Mikey,
Thought about that earlier.Here is a totally different approach .This would fit on a 3x9 foot table.It could be expanded to 4 feet to allow more space between tracks,or left as is with the back section elevated .
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale