[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Delete This Thread Please!!

Delete This Thread Please!!

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Delete This Thread Please!!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:28 pm

I'm sure I upset some hardcore collectors and kind of felt guilty myself when I started hacking up the Legends of Racing Collectors cars like I have been converting them into slots but I think I have redeemed myself!!

I've been watching and thinking about buying these and finally pulled the trigger!! None of this Set of 12 have ever been opened since new in 1992 and all are the same serial number(#398)!!

Last edited by mgs75thmeu on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Legends of Racing Forgiveness?

Postby Cjent » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

AWESOME! Great buy again, Bill.
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:00 pm

awesome, really awesome!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:06 pm

Holy cripes, Bill - all the same serial number?

If ya make slots out of them the price of the remaining Legends will probably jump up a bunch!!!!!
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks guys. I figure the value of these will only go up after I buy more "unmatched #s" and saturate EBAY with my Converted Legends cars and deplete their availability! LOL Not making slots out of these 12 Steve though...heres a collage of 8 pics of the 12 that were in the online ad for the ones I bought

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Chop them up Bill!!!!

...nothing like hearing a collector grizzle and wail.... :twisted:

Ok, there is one more thing....

Hearing a "scale Nazi" trying to quantify a plastic toy car to death :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

I figured the best way to do these was with all new chassis since I didn't have a lot of donor chassis of 1 type. SCX was the choice because they were on sale and they have the "guide flag" advantage. Having to "hog out" the wheelwells was collateral damage but will pay off in handling and in speed, not popular with the purists but it worked for me.

Yep the "scale nazis"..
Why if they're all 1/43 is Buck Baker's 300-B 56 Chrysler 300 way bigger than Tim Flock's #91 52 Hudson Hornet? And how can the Pontiac Bonneville even fit in the case if it's true scale? LOL
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Hey Bill,
Amazing score!
Hack into those bad boys!
They probably made millions of them and would only become collectible in about 100 yrs or so...
But only after you chopped up most and made them rare!!! :character-jason:
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Bill, you are doing a fantastic job. As for cutting them up, all that does is make the rest of them "slightly more" collectible. :)

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't know if I'm even going to take the "numbered alike" cars out of the box they're shipped in. I do know if I put some of these on EBAY and they sell and I can make a couple bucks off them, I'll just pick up more that don't know where their other family members are.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

hmm.. i have 2 of these and couldnt get nothing for them on ebay . plus i added 2 more 1/24 superbirds and 2 1/64 superbirds into the deal and couldnt get $40 for all of it.

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:40 am

Last edited by mgs75thmeu on Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:11 am

no i never converted them as slot cars. theyre just basically untouched since 94. sitting in boxes in storage. but i still figured id get $40 for all these. nope not even one bid. oh well...back to the basement they go for another 15 years.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 am

cripes A'mighty Bill. i had no idea this was you. nice to see you Marine. i just figured it out..lol. glad to see you having so much fun with the 1/43's. i sure as heck am enjoying all the vettes i bought from ya. and that last NASCAR kevin harvick car,,love it. let me know if your interested in those 1/43s i have in the photos. maybe we can pull of a swap if you dont have them already.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale