ProNoMag 2017 - The RACE

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: ProNoMag 2017 - The RACE

Postby taskak » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Congratulations to the winners!
First-timer fourth place after yesterday's kangaroo cars :o
So something is done right, more tuning definitely needed.
Thank you Peter for hosting this race, and thanks to all entries as well the main sponsor Carsten.

Tilo makes so thin bodies, at least the few that I got are, so it's no wonder that it breaks like that.
Shame about wrecking a really nice car.

Cheers
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:41 pm

Excellent race report, and some fine cars. I knew this was a tough field and I am happy to do better this year then I did last year. Some really great cars running cars, and it is very helpful to see how far off the pace the BARC cars are running. A little surprising to hear the complaint about the tires were out of round on the BARC entries as a lot of time was spent truing them, but I guess not enough for the smooth Desmo.

The fast lap on the 956 has me close to the front in speed so we are heading in the right direction.

Congratulations to the winners of this prestigious event. It is the LeMans of the 143 world and an honor for those that placed. For the rest of us it is back to the Drawing board and start preparing better cars for next year.

It was an honor to have the BARC cars race against some of the best 143 builders, and we look forward to the next event.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Thanks for all these kinds words!

@Lloyd: i will take photos of the "working bits" of the first 10 cars within the next week, also doing a summary about it.
In short:
ball bearings, 2.38mm axles and 1/32nd gears
3D printed chassis, SMC chassis (SlotDevilMicro chassis from Slotbox), scratchbuilt carbon/brass compound
details to follow ...

also more on the future for the race.
it will be there in 2018 for sure, same rules (as they work!)
maybe can add something ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale