[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Would a guide flag improve Carrera GO! cornering?

Would a guide flag improve Carrera GO! cornering?

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Would a guide flag improve Carrera GO! cornering?

Postby philo426 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Would a guide flag improve the cornering of Carrera Go! cars.?I have to use the high bank curves for them to stay on the track.The flat curves result in de slotting even if you take it easy on the throttle.
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Would a guide flag improve Carrera GO! cornering?

Postby Cjent » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:00 pm

I would check your braid. You need to read some info on proper adjustment of the braid and how to lower the magnets. Do this first.
Later, a guide will help.
Check out the Building Tips thread above.
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:25 pm

:music-rockon: Somtime a guide flag will improve the cornering of Carrera Go! cars. it depends on the car I made this flick (((( are your cars new out of the box ))) :P YOU NEED TO BREAK THEM IN :lol: 9vk I hope this help :handgestures-fingerscrossed: OL Mike
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby philo426 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:15 pm

Not brand new and I adjusted the braid according to the instructions.I always thought the fixed guide pin coupled with the high voltage and gearing caused the problem.
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby WB2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 am

IMO yes!
I converted a Go! NASCAR COT to a SlotIt guide. Great difference.
I should add that I run on a wood track, but I was never a fan of the pin on the Go! track.
WB2
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby philo426 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:11 pm

Yes it may be worthwhile to give it a try.
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 am

philo426,

What type of track are you running your Carrera GO cars on?

I have a 44 foot lap length 4 lane Carrera GO layout at my house and my Carrera GO cars work very well on them. I am running laps in the 3.0 second range and there are all flat turns on my layout separated by a few short straghts. Handling is a premium on this type of track.

My tuning takes into consideration tires, braid setup, ride height setup and magnet setup. Once properly tuned, the cars really come awake.

There is a great place, American Slot Car World that sells aftermarket tires and magnets for Carrera GO cars. I would suggest you order 1 set for your worst car and give them I try. I think your opinion of them will change ... drastically!

Just my opinion of course and your results may vary depending on use.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby philo426 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:56 am

I am using the Nascar and Police Chase Standard Carrera Track.I will look into getting better tires and magnets for my cars.Thanks!
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:33 pm

my daughter and girlfriend both have carrera Go 1/43 for their own. they run on my standard scaley sport track very very well. all i did was use an exacto to slightly slim down the width of the guide pin. to be honest..theyre slower then all my cars in a straight line but definately give a me a go through the twisties. my 8 year old daughter has a real good handle on them and can be very quick with them lil things. both cars are dead stock with the braid pushed rearward and drive and handle very well. scaley sport track does seem to have a small advantage with magnet traction over carrera from what ive read.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Capn Jodi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 am

Capn Jodi

Postby Tsooko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1205

If you haven't seen this, here are some diferent ways to convert the Carrera pin to a guide.
Best of the new year to you.
Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:52 pm

YES, Converting the Carrera car to a guide flag WILL improve performance and handling, BUT it will mostly be noticable if you are not running the stock magnets. If you are running magnets then just thinning the Carrera guide some should do the trick. The reason it goes off the track in the regular turns is that the Carrera cars have an oval shaped pin, it works fine on most Carrera track the problem is it's designed to help keep the car from spinning around (swapping ends) and losing contact, but what frequently happens is as soon as the car rotates a little the pin hangs up in the slot! It's a little like going real fast on a bicycle and hitting just the front brake REAL Hard!! All that momentum has to go somewhere! But heck! Hey what's the matter with you; Don't you realkize these are toys and not meant for adults or to be taken seriously!!?? LOL!! :banana-rock:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby philo426 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:52 pm

So would a file work well?how much should I thin it?We are all boys at heart and take out toys seriously even if our wives rolls their eyes!
philo426
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale