[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2006 Subaru Impreza WRC

2006 Subaru Impreza WRC

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

2006 Subaru Impreza WRC

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:26 am

dNano body, Peter's Shapeways "Subaru" chassis, DSlot43 stock motor with "Speed" gear set, decals from Harold Hackens in Austria(EBAY). I tested the car on my Ninco track and it worked very well. Fast and smooth. It took me a while to get the "wire" pick up braids to work right. I've never done them like that before. I'll be doing a page of the project with thumbs leading to 20 build pages with any explainations that may be needed.

I use 1/4" Plastruct 1/4' angle pieces to mount the Shapeways chassis to the body. Peter's chassis comes with 4 small pieces that you could mount the chassis to but I'd rather have a lot of room for error.

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRC

Postby Tigeracer » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:11 pm

It looks great, Bill! A perfect fit!!
And you even have room for an interior, now.
The chassis looks super! Great design from Peter.
I'm looking forward to your test drive report.
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Wow that is one nice decal job Bill.
What axles did you use and are those rims Dslot?
Have you run the car yet and if so what do you think of the chassie?
Besides making sure the tires are trued what if any other tweaking did you have to do, besides the truing of the wheel.

Than you for sharing

Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi Bill, can you give me a closeup shot of the rubbing area with the "speed" crown, please? i can easile change that area. But i think it´s better to have to remove a little material than to have to add something to get proper free play, right?

Have got a contact information from the decal-maker? i did not know that there is somebody in my whole country :) Especially in 1/43rd.

For the wire-pickup - you have to have 3 holes on each side! the middle hole needs to be drilled out with an 1,5mm drill bit. Then you start from the top, go down, up again and down again in the end.
Did you order the chassis in black or did you paint it? If painted, what color did you use? Personally i think that the material is a little like a sponge and suck up all the paint ...

And now for those big decals - they look great! very nice and without any wrinkles - awesome!
The overall car looks really great! Great choice of paint scheme, too! I can only see them in blue in my minds eyes LOL

Glad you liked the chassis :D

cheers,
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks guys! I'll rewire that guide today. Thanks Peter. The car came white and I painted the chassis flat black primer. I wouldn't change a thing with the chassis. There may have even been a tiny piece of flash there pushing the crown out tighter to the pinion.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm

All I can say is................. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupright:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale