[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Early planning For my next 1/43 track & some ?'s

Early planning For my next 1/43 track & some ?'s

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: Early planning For my next 1/43 track & some ?'s

Postby pfuetze » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm

uhhhh, the bridge looks great Mas!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:01 pm

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:07 am

Thanx, Broman, But this is Texas and there are not allot of basements here! WHY? (As people might ask from other parts of the world) Because, From somewhat South of the Red River to down past San Antonio if you dig more then 18 to 24 inches you hit solid limestone!! This makes any sort of digging very problematic! :cry: I wish it was a basement, but it's actually over the garage which means it takes allot to heat and cool! :(

Anywhose, have gone back to my original Scenic track layout and I am revising it; as cool as I thought It was I knew there were some places that were just not going to work out. (example: Buildings blocking the view of the cars going behind them) and I had no crossovers which I kinda like on scenic tracks. So I am moving things around, taking my time and putting the different elements where they make the most sense. I am moving the buildings to just below where the drivers stations are, so you will be looking down on them and the buildings height wont be such a factor.

I started laying tile in the new living room and I have about 85 Sq ft down with about 200 to go! :shock:

I am tired all the time now! :violin:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby drlockinbox » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:43 pm

drlockinbox

Postby masmojo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:27 am

Well, Plans listed previously may go completely out the window, because over the last few weeks I have been moving my Slot AND train stuff and I have an itch to add some trains to the layout as well. If I do the scenic layout may grow to such an extent that the racing layout may have to go away entirely. I am not sure what I will do at this point, I am thinking what I may do is just start establishing my "Space" the O-scale train will travel around the perimeter, then maybe I can arrange my buildings and other scenic bits anddesign the track around that. Once I have that settled I might try to work in the Narrow gauge O-scale stuff and stick the HO scale Mine train up in the corner in a forced perspective sort of way!???

I had originally planned to incorporate a train many years ago, but thought it might be hard to look natural and get the track length adequate for both trains and cars, so I kind of tossed the idea. Problem is I already have the trains and they are so damn cool, I am not sure If I can bring myself NOT to use them. Hmmm. :think:

I have an Aerotrain that I would Really love to run, but the minimum stated turn is 72"!!!!!! YIKES!!! :shock: That is pretty big! I have tried it on 48" and it did not really work, I could probably squeeze it to 60" but still, I may just have to sell that bad boy and give up the idea of running that. Hard too imagine there are too many guys with tracks big enough to accomidate a train like that!!??? :?
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tsooko » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:37 pm

[quote="drlockinbox"]Ted,

I saw this post that you have Scorpius running with 1/43 cars. Is this something new? I spoke to them several months back and I was told this would not work. Is this something new from Scorpius?

Thanks,

drlockinbox

Most of the components for Scorpius are designed for 1/32 scale and bigger but I have found that the chips will fit into a lot of 1/43 cars. There is no reason not to go with Scorpius in 1/43 scale but you may not be able to fit in the chips under some body styles. If there are enough of us using the system then it might be that Rick will design a smaller chip to fit in car styles like F1 and LMPs.
PM sent.

Sorry Mas. I don't mean to hijack your thread. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I was and still am inspired by your "old" track and scenery. Good luck with your new house.

Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby drlockinbox » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:48 pm

drlockinbox

Postby masmojo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:46 am

Well, Nothing new really except that I have been moving my Slot car room from the old house this week to the new and WHEW! When you have been buying cars for many years it very easy to lose grip with just how out of hand things have gotten. I collected 1/32 for a solid 12 years before switching to 1/43 (mostly because I was runnign out of space), but when you start to dig into the closets and get all those cars out you start get a idea of just how deep the illness has gone!! :shock: I have filled up the Forester with Slot cars 5 or 6 times and I am still only about 70% done moving my 1/32 cars!!!!! :o I hope to finish cleaning cars out today or tomorrow though! :dance:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 pm

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:01 am

get the compact out! With the size of the 1/24 track you will have to become an oval guy ;)
The plus side is that you can run 1/43rd without magnets and still have room till the end of the table with that big track.
And why banked track pieces? Want to add a loop as well maybe?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 am

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:16 am

One additional Note/ FYI

My old track needs to go! So if anyone is interested in it; drop me a line! I would like to get a few bucks for it, but if there are no takers, the price will deflate FAST!! Hint Hint!! :violin:

I will start an official For sale thread when I am REALLY ready to get'er gone! :o
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 am

Just in case somebody thought the grass was growing under my feet, the billiards table went on Craigslist this morning!
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale