[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pronomag 2012 entry

Pronomag 2012 entry

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: Pronomag 2012 entry

Postby racer6583 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:08 am

Hay DATTO there is a gap between the bod and where the tranny is looks like there would be enough room to mount two receivers there on to the bod then I would
make two screw mount added to the wing then to mount it to the body.

just a thought , but that is what I would do seeing that you have to have the wing off to run the merc on your track.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:12 am

Those wings on the Heller kits are very fragile!!!! I entered one of these in a proxy once and it came back with the wind broken. Maybe you could have a wing printed using a more pliable type plastic and thicker mounting posts to help increase the life of the wing.

If you choose to fasten the wing with screw(s) you can use nylon screw(s) to help keep the weight down.
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 am

Gorgeous chassis! Fix the wing to it, Marc!
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:57 am

Thanks for the responses, guys. I ended up sticking the wing to the body with a 2-56 screw, a receiver tube and notch to keep it aligned. (keeping unsprung weight to a minimum) As Lib says, the wing is pretty fragile. This gives me the ability to try and run it on my little track, and gives Peter the option to remove it for racing if he wants to. It won't survive a roll.
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Marc has failed to produce a bad car yet! Mount the wing with the screws.
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 pm

i think a barrel will not be the most threatening thing for the wing - i think the wall after the entry to turn 1 will scare the sh!t out the wing. Enter a little too fast (yep, really fast) and the tail will slide out - bringing the rear end near the wall - wood mache gets really hard :twisted:
but i would remove the wing before racing, too, if you like! ;p
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:52 pm

A fine model, inside and out!

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey Marc,
Your Merc is outstanding! Fabulous chassis!
I've been trying to find another Merc to add to my collection.
I really like the detail you added to the rear. The wheels are great, too.
I know you were worried about the wing, but what are you doing to hold those tiny side view mirrors on?
I put them on my Heller cars, and they get snapped off fairly quickly.
Great work, thanks for sharing,
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 pm

I figure the mirrors will be gone :D
Wheels are Ranch Design (Of course!) :dance:
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tsooko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:58 am

SWEET!!!
Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:51 am

Wow, a great looking car, Marc!
I´ll remove the wing for racing, if you like! And i´ll try only to create spin-out and no barrel-rolls, that should take care of the mirrors :laughing-rollingyellow:
And the scratches are racing scars, some of them need to be on a racecar!
great paint, great decals and nice details - a really nice car!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jhrico » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

wOW! this entry is just amazing!!!!
jhrico

Postby Cjent » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:33 pm