[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Drag Racing

1/43 Drag Racing

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1/43 Drag Racing

Postby Cjent » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:20 am

Great work Lloyd!
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks Chuck.

Hoos, they are RD rims with narrow tires from a diecast.

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:57 am

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:50 pm

Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:54 pm

looks good,man I like that chassis!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:48 am

Chassis will be final assembled today and sent down the track. I think it might need a little weight!!
Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:56 am

Great looking chassis!Great looking chevys too.Tell us about them,chassis,bodies,etc?

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 am

Those pictures are of my 1/32 rides. My track support 1/43 and 1/32 so I got a little time in lastnight! However since I have a 3D scanner they will be scanned in, modified to reflect what I want and then bodies made. Chassis will be one of my 3D chassis setup for a sidewinder motor. This will allow me to do an interior also! Lots of work but its all part of the hobby to me.
Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:08 am

great work on the chassis, Alan! those big cars look good, too!
3D scanner? very interesting :) can you use the file from the scanner for 3D printing? How much work is it to add the right wall thickness to the outer shell when scanning a car body? Is it easy to scan a body?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Using the 3D scanner is very new to me as is the whole word of 3D printing. I simply upload the scanned file into my 3D app and adjust.
I did not like the first couple of scans as the thickness varied a great deal on the body I was trying to scan in.

So I decided to try something - I used masking tape and sealed all the windows and wheel openings from the inside. The result was solid! From there I used the Shell feature which allows me set the desired thickness off the walls. It worked to a certain degree but still required a lot of tweaking. It has been fun playing with it all. All part of my hobby/
Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:25 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:48 am

For those who have been over at Nitroslots you will have learned that I had to back off on the 1/43 event for August 15. I will not get into specifics other then I was released from the hospital last Saturday and have been ordered to take it easy for some time including no driving for 3 to 6 months for starters!
Very glad to see that some have stepped up allowing things to move forward. Hopefully in time I will be able to host races but for now I am limited to maybe building a car and sending it in.

From what I am seeing it looks like 1/43 drag racing just might get some attention this time. Great!

Thanks to those who will be racing at Possum and at the other race.

Regards,

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:08 pm

get well soon and take your time, Alan!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale