[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Drag Racing

1/43 Drag Racing

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1/43 Drag Racing

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 pm

what kind of times are you turning with the HOs
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Depends on the class.

I have one car that is turning a 0.258 but is a $150.00 car! You can hear it and just about see it. Really not that cool unless you are totally into building and speed. I lean towards a prototype speed for the type car. I enjoy tuning them up and watching them go down the track!

Others turn 0.600 to 1.5 again depends on class and parts allowed.

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 am

the more i read about it, the more i want a drag track, too.
still got some MDF and copper tape from the last track, so .......
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:22 am

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Decision has been made! The custom 1/64 scale track will be removed and in its place will be a routed wood/mdf track will take its place. Already have the 1/4" braid. Braid will be recessed. Won't have to worry about adjusting the braids and guides to fit the 1/64 track. That way anyone can race. Sure hope the proxy racing for 1/43 scale takes off!!

I will install the Trackmate DP3000 timing system on the new track. Great system!

Any suggestions on what I should paint the surface of the MDF?

Thanks

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:53 am

i have used flat latex paint for my street track and if i build a drag strip, i would use the same flat latex paint again. Enough grip for my feelings.
the german guys are using acrylic paint or polyurethane based paint for their tracks, whick seems to offer a little more grip, but i did not try it by myself. Maybe i will try a small test track (circle track with a diameter of 1m (~3ft) to test the grip of different paints.
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Peter,
Thanks for the the info. Let me know how your tests work out! I used latex once before but I found it not to be very durable when I needed to clean the track. I was using 409 cleaner and within a few cleanings the paint was lifting away. Could have been me.

Thanks again

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:00 pm

OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:24 am

if you want to clean the track with some cleaner, latex will not be the option to use. it´s a paint for normal inside walls, which are not cleaned a daily basis (or even yearly).
you need some durable paint, so acrylic or polyurethane based paint will be the way to go.
i don´t clean my wood track, only vacuum it if it´s really dusty.
As i´m running PU tires and strictly no silicone tires, more cleaning is not necessary, it´s just a home track.
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Thanks for the last bit of information guys!

Up until now i had made my decision to use the braid i have on hand and do a routed track however it is not a magnetized braid. I know you can get magnetized braid but I already have a big roll of the other stuff.

But ------- What about the guys who want to run traction magnets in there cars? Don't want to leave them out in the cold.

So I am thinking of going back to putting down the Scalextric Sport track with some wide shoulders. Putting in a heavy duty bus wire and attaching feeders from every piece of track down to the bus.

This will us to run both mag car races and nonmag cars races.

Any thoughts on this approach?

Thank you

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Sounds like a plan to me! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:00 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Looks like the Scalextric track is the way to go.

Only seen a few different names posting here.

Wondering how many racers and cars will show up on average for Proxy drag racing?

How many showed up at the recent event?

Thanks again

ALan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:26 am

if i take out the big guessing dices, i would say 10 to 20 cars?
if you decide on scaley sport track, it´s okay, it´s YOUR track, you have to like it.
i have enough straight 1/43rd artin track pieces to have a long drag strip, but i really like the smoothness of wood track.
puddle dude
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:56 am

ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale