[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Drag Racing

1/43 Drag Racing

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1/43 Drag Racing

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:26 am

Image you see on end of that arm that is a Fast Lane guide an pin and brushes set up. I get two of those ever time I buy a set of Fast lane slot cars. they work real good when a slid guide don't work right . FYI I Use a Q tip for the guid pin to show that you need spend a lot to make your car run good on track Also you can't do J turn with a flat guide pin or a slide guide round works better
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:13 am

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:47 am

HoosierHustler wanted ne to post some details on my track. The track is actually a custom routed HO scale drag strip made to my specs. It comes out to 1/8 mile when used for 1/43 scale. I decided one day to put one of my SCX Barracuda on the track and all I had to do was spread out the braid into a slight V to touch the rails of the HO size cars. Down the track she went!

The track itself is CNC routed out of PVC. It is continuous rail from end to end. At the staging and starting area there are two sets of rails to allow more traction for magnet cars. The shutdown area is also double rail to aid in stopping the cars and with a flip of a switch I can short out those rails to give even more stopping action.

Power is a variable filtered DC from 0 to 30 volts with a 20 amp current capacity. Led read outs on the supply and also an analog meter connected in parallel for better adjustment.

Timing system is ny Trackmate and is the DP3000 product. It can be displayed on a large flat screen TV if need be. The timing system and Flat screen connection all work very well.

I have $3000 invested in the setup so far and am very luck to be able to do this and share it with others. This allows me to run both HO and 1/43 scales. The slot for the guide or pin is 1/16" wide so what ever you use it needs to be less then 1/16"

HoosierHustler sent me an Artin car the other day to test and I had to remove the rear pin and narrow the front just a bit. Here are some times.Please keep in mind my reaction time is not the best and this is a stock car. The tires were spinning about 1/3 of the way down the track .

12vdc ET: 1.31sec 14vdc ET: 1.18sec

I have been working on some bodies too, Its all fun!

See ya at the races!

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks Alan. I would have to sand 1/64 off the Shapeways guide blades. Not too difficult with a dremel. SCX are 1/16 so it wouldn't hurt to run the Dremel over them once on each side too.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:56 pm

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:25 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:54 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:59 pm

You know why I bother you why it's cus I like you BILL See you on the Blacktop or wood or is plastic what ever :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow: :lol:
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Well it appears as if there are some issues brewing on the use of my track and what would be required regarding the size of slot for the pin or guide.

I am simply offering up my track to have some fun and yes it may take some experimenting to find out what will work and what does not.

Someone mentioned the Shapeway guide - I do not have one to test. So tell me where I can obtain one or can some one send one to me?

It will be returned if need be.

However if this is going to cause problems with the group then I will close the track down for 1/43 scale racing and go back to the 1/64 scale.

I want to have fun - NO PROBLEMS!

Thank you

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:42 pm

@ Bill, i can change the guide to the width of a SCX guide. The current is mainly designed for wood tracks like to one i did. But it simple sanding them should work as well!

@Alan: many thanks for your offer on the track, i´m sure you will have fun and those who will enter will have fun, too. And there are always some discussions, but don´t let that bother you. Those who want to enter, will enter the race.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:50 pm

It'll only take a couple seconds to sand a 64th off the guide with a cordless. Not a big deal and I have 2 containers 220 grit disks. Just something to get Mikes boxers in a bunch!! Luv ya Mike!! PM me your address Alan and I'll send you one of my cars next week. You can give it a run and if the guide needs to be thinner, I can do that.
Bill

OK, I've got 1 of my Hemi Under Glass at 7/128
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:57 pm

HEY...Thats enough sand tha slide guides down and send your car,very simple if it doesn`t work its DQED its your choice,and here`s another thing,if ya don`t wanna be involved...quit raising all the ruckus! I`m sorry guys but this is not only childish its plain oh BS, now GO TO YOUR ROOMS! :laughing-rolling:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Image :auto-driving:
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale