[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1/43 Drag Racing

1/43 Drag Racing

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1/43 Drag Racing

Postby Alan132 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Picked up a set of Fastlane cars at TRU today. Narrowed down the guide pin to fit the slot and spreadout the braids to match the rails and even with out of round wheels etc it thumped down the track and turned a 1.13sec on 12vdc.

Good?

Bad?

Just trying what I can!

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:54 am

luckily i hid some cars and track in my room ...
Last edited by pfuetze on Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:57 am

Having drag raced both HO and 1/24th scale cars , your times are on the slow side . I think you should be looking for .080's / .070's .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 am

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:58 am

Ok everyone. Going to change directions here. I was up to 2 am this morning running all sorts of tests and although I would really like to use the custom HO track for the 1/43 racing it is not that good. Electrical pickup is the major issue. Having the braid adjusted to match the HO rails is not hard to do but where it suffers is very little down force of the braid to the thin rail. For those in the know on HO cars their pickup system has springs etc that apply a good down force to the rail and they turn very good times.

If the rails on my HO track were wider there would be much more surface contact and therefore more current flow. I looked at all this last night with some very expensive test equipment.

The conclusion :

#1 I will move my HO track to another area as I will not be using it that much now.

#2 I will install 1/32 Scaley Sport Track down for the 1/43 track.

#3 Big thing to the racers should be no modification to their cars - that makes thinks simpler!

SO the work starts today - I will post pictures as the work moves on!

SO forget about having to mod your cars !!!!!!!!!

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 am

OKAY GANG....PROBLEM SOLVED.....NOW ....GIT ...ER .....DONE! LETS GIT TA GITTIN ON WITH IT! :lol: :lol: :angry-tappingfoot: :laughing-rolling:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 pm

OK, Now Ol Mike owes me $50 because I had to sand one of my Shapeways guides down for nothing!! AND 3 blood pressure pills!! :lol:
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:41 pm

got em done yet? :angry-tappingfoot: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Last edited by OldDogMotorsports on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OL Mike » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 pm

OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Scaley Sport track is going down piece by piece! Starting line area along with timing system is in and works great so far.

Little time consuming as each piece of track will have feeder wires soldered onto it and them attached to the heavy duty power bus below. That way no voltage drops and do not have to depend on standard track connections.

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:44 am

@Roland: i think Alan only meant that existing cars don´t need to be altered for the guide! Races will still be with tuned or scratchbuilt cars

@Alan: sounds like a piece of work well invested.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:20 am

okay we`ve got 2 tracks commited to HOSTING,would like to have 2 more but will settle for 1 more before setting up a schedule for 2014,got any takers?
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Alan132 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Have there been any established classes and requirements for 1/43 drag racing?
If so can someone direct me to where I may find them?

Thank you

Alan
Alan132
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Check the post I just posted
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:58 pm

OldDogMotorsports