[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Chevron B8 finally decaled

Chevron B8 finally decaled

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Chevron B8 finally decaled

Postby transam6870 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:20 pm

hey guys
Here is the latest in my series of "cant find it or just flat cant afford it" cars. I recently asked if anyone had one of these I could borrow, not expecting to find one of course, but worth a shot :lol:. the AxelR version of this thing is well beyond my wallet. I had started one a few months ago but got frustrated with it so I put it down for a while. A recent request for it rekindled the desire for one, so out it came, looked at it and threw it in the trash and started over :lol: took a different approach to it this time and I am pretty happy with it so far. its about ready for a sealer coat I think. so here is what I am after.

and here is where I am at so far

Last edited by transam6870 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: AW: Chevron B8

Postby pfuetze » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Awesome start, Mickey!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Chevron B8

Postby LloydL » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:57 am

Looking good Mickey, not an easy shape to do!

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:42 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:15 pm

Man what can I say..except your talents just simply amase me,I had no idea what this car even looked like or what to look for! this is gonna be a sharp lil car guys,and tha good part is you can set behind your puter and watch it as it`s developed from scratch,yeah scratch no mold to work from,that is nothing but raw talent,I don`t think some of ya realise or appreciate what this guy does for this scale,think about tha man hours involved just finding the specs for these things prior to ever getting it to this stage,great stuff Mick and I`m not even a Sport Car dude! :lol:
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby transam6870 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:52 pm

thanks guys
this is going a lot smoother than the last attempt at it. still got that 69 amc scrambler sittin on the shelf that I got frustrated with, might be time to finish it while I am in the basswood mood :lol: . here are some progress shots. got the fender flares finalized and ready for a bit of bondo to feather them in and got the panel lines laid out for scribing. the lower portion of the taillight panel is too tall and needs to be shaved a little and then I need to decide on which configuration I want to put in it. I held off on the seal coat for now, just toooo cold in the shop even with that jet engine of a heater I have.

transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:09 am

I second what the Great Hoos says.You are an artist.In having received some of your work,the pictures show your talent ..
Rusty
Last edited by ourwayband on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:53 am

Mickey - you Sir are an artist. And a nut. And crazy...

Seriously, awesome work! I WISH I could carve like that!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby transam6870 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:59 pm

thank you gentlemen.
a nut and crazy, yeah I can totally live with that :lol: :lol: :lol:
transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby transam6870 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:59 pm

hey guys
first seal/prime coat on and started cutting panel lines. need more sandpaper :lol:

transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Chevron B8 final shape

Postby transam6870 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:29 pm

hey guys
settled on the final shape. need to finish the door lines, front and rear windows and install the tail lights.

transam6870
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OldDogMotorsports » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Lookin good Mick!
OldDogMotorsports
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Excellent work! You nailed it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!