[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Tires for old HotWheels Brand 1/43 Slots

Tires for old HotWheels Brand 1/43 Slots

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Fast Lane

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:56 am

I bit the bullet today, and took a L-O-N-G ride (via motorcycle) down to my Closest Toy~R~Us in Harrisburg Pa. I bought a twin pack of the Fast Lane 1/43 Slot Cars. The had a choice of two dif body styles, and I chose the pack with the Mercedes and the Nissan. I noted that the Mercedes had a wider (axle)Track than the other bodies, and also, the bodies looked better IMO.
Anyway, some surprises, since I never owned any Fast Lane Cars before, ie- they Come with a NEO Traction(Bar) Magnet ! Personally, I HATE slot Cars that are stuck to the track, and cannot drift their tails out a little. But luckily, the magnets are removable, and I made them quick change, by removing the plastic spacer in front of them, that locks them in place until you remove the motor.
I also noted that these chassis are VERY similar to my old Mattel/Hot Wheels chassis, seen above in the OP. There are differences tho, and I like the quick change braid/pin assembly. I noted that the tires WILL swap over to the Mattel chassis, BUT, they are smaller in diameter, and that causes the bottom of the Mattel chassis to DRAG on the track :( sooo... the tires cannot be used without clearance issues :|
Anyway, end result > I got Two Fast Lane Cars for $4.99 from T-R-U, and that seems like a good deal. I haven't tried it yet, but I think these chassis WILL mount right onto my Mattel Bodies without any trouble.
In conclusion, I guess I WILL HAVE TO BE GOING, with Tires, either OEM from the Skinny Artin Wheels, or aftermarket replacements for those Artin Skinny rims....and just glue them to my Mattel wheels.
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Tires for old HotWheels Brand 1/43 Slots

Postby OL Mike » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:15 am

Ralph sorry you made a long ride if you had gave a me a little a time I would have sent you a set you would got them by wed or thur thank you for sharing i notice that the hot wheel that I have is 19 98 Its not easy to work with they solder the brushes in they fix it so you could only use any other chassis but a hot wheel chassis so i did little cutting just trim a tad of glue the Fast chassis fit s real good Image :( Image these pic first try :P second try Image Image :P looks good to me :laughing-rolling:
OL Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:28 am

Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Sorry Ralph - found your email in the junk folder!!???
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ralphthe3rd » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:19 am

Steve, I got your email and replied, thanks man :handgestures-thumbup: :)
Ralphthe3rd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale