[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ruminations on Scale

Ruminations on Scale

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: Ruminations on Scale

Postby MikeySlotCars » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:07 am

First I didn't read all 3 pages so sorry! if someone as said it before me...

Been on 1/43 for a long while & now got back to 1/32 for most of the time & I agree with masmojo on needed another scale 1/36 or 1/38 & an about 5" wide track I think 1/43 is a bit to small when you like cars to slide... but all that said I would be ok with 1/43 cars if they all had slide guide instead of a guide pin could always mod one but I would prefer paying $3-7 more for a cars that already have a slide guide then giving me the trouble of doing one myself because sometimes it's not so easy as it looks...

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:34 am

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:41 am

ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:47 pm

I have been following this thread,not because im a 1/43 enthusiast,but it was interesting to hear all the various thoughts this topic provoked. But after all this, i am still not clear what the actual concern is? I assume its the lack of participation by the major slot car companies to provide the exact type of 1/43 scale car that each individual would want,without any modifications other than minor adjustments? over the years,every scale has had its big boom as far as interest goes,and the manufacturers have responded to the market through sales studies.
chronologically,we saw 1.87 scale and 1.32 scale cars early on,the 60's saw 1/24 scale stuff build pretty big through commercial raceways,while HO (whatever true scale that is) came on strong to home set buyers.As it stands now,
you can buy. Autoworld type t-jets 1.87, autoworld sized 1.64 scale cars and track all under the HO moniker.And apparently 1.43 scale has various sizes under that "scale' banner, 1.32 cars and track,digital or analogue,1/24 still in production and growing. so what is the beef here? No matter what scale we choose to buy and race,we all will use every inch of available space for our track,very few use RTR Cars with NO modification,and prefer to scratch build or kit bash our cars.So it seems that ALL scales are still represented and sold, the aftermarket industry is as big as it has ever been for all scales,and now it seems that even some of the Big manufacturers are hearing the cry for down to earth prices and responding. (Ninco)
So what the heck am i missing here? We all have it better than ever,PLUS an electronic way of communicating with our slot buddies around the world in an instant. Proxy races any scale,fun runs,etc and we dont even have to have a local hobby shop to do this!
In my humble opinion,We may get spoiled if we dont stop and smell the roses already growing.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:01 pm

Valid points El

Fly could make Hay with 1/43 you are right! And If Fly Did jump in that would definitely send a message to everybody, that 1/43 WAS serious. But knowing Fly they could just as easily screw it up!

I did think about the track situation, but you know SCX has a real good 1/43 track (my favorite honestly) that is more or less languishing!!!!??????

If Ninco, Fly and SCX all started making 1/43!!! Holy crap what a revolution that would be? A Spanish Tour de Force!! I think they are all struggling as well so it could be a shot in the arm for all of'em!

I said Ninco, because I think they have the right mind set for it, especially the classics, which is what I go for anywayz.
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 pm

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:48 pm

Who exactly are you "pushing" it to? If you like 1/43 scale ,run it. if you dont, run some other scale. you obviously dont NEED the big manuf. to build your scratch builts ot kitbashed cars, You are asking why keep building things in 1/43 scale? Because you like it i assume? What support are you looking for? I really am trying to understand your plight, but, im not getting it like you said. Artin made a great entry level 1/32 set,that i bet everyone on this board has had at least one of,they were cheaply built,lacked scale accuracy and could be bought for half what an average slot car cost. there track is still some of the industries finest,but no longer available because no one picked up the importation of that scale track and sets.I can wish all day long that someone would bring back the "American Thunder"sets and update the car styles,but it aint gonna happen! there is no money in it, they make there money on 1/43 sets!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Arkay » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:00 pm

Arkay

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 pm

OK well, I think you ALMOST got it!!

True, we don't need Carrera, or Scalextric or whoever to do scratch builds or Kit bashes; you got that part right, but those things will not push 1/43 to be an accepted scale! Without a major manufacturer selling passable 1/43 RTR cars, we will never, be able to attract the number of people to this great scale and get it the recognition that it deserves!

I am not complaining that those guys don't give us good or great cars; I am complaining because they seem to go out of their way not to!

Depending on your point of view the man who controls the supply is either benevolent or a tyrant!
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:33 pm

An additional thought

And that is: I get a rush out of opening a new car as much as anybody; it's a different rush then completing a kit bash or scratch build; in 1/32 you probably take that for granted. Sometimes you just want to buy a car, hold it in your hands, admire it, sand the tires, fluff the braid and burn off some laps. We can do that, but it's not as easy!

One of the things I enjoyed most about Kyosho, I had not had that feeling in quite a while. :dance:
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Great pic there Dave! :lol: Im out!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Previous

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale