[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby walker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:12 pm

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:31 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:25 pm

the paint work on the 917 is awesome!
nice chassis work, too! love the brass chassis - that CoG should be really low!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Nice work taskak. That Bentley is just awesome. Unfortunately to get any of the Sparks or Provence resins over here I would have to rob a bank. Where did you find the gears?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Very nice work taskak, some good chassis building there!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:18 am

Nice work Aki. Have you had a chance to run the BARC tires yet. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Those cars look to be real challengers.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:36 am

Last edited by taskak on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:30 am

Thank you Aki. I have seen some kits in the 20-25 euro range but it's the 20-25 euro freight bill which puts the model into the $70-$75 CDN range that I am unable to justify. To put it into perspective, by the time the model made a lap it would cost as much if not more than a new NSR/Scaleauto 1/32

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:26 am

I understand your Randy very well.
I have found 9 Provence models in my price range in a past year.
Strangely 4 of them came from Japan, latest was Jaguar XJ220 for 10€ + 9€ shipping.
Rest are mainly from Germany, Opel Ascona was 11,50€ + 6,20€.
You never know what you'll find when you keep looking.
I found that AMT Street Magic Mustang from Czech Republic
and recently I bought two Heller Lancia S4 models, one build and another unbuild on a box
from Greece for a 1,49€ each :D
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Yes all the tires need to be trued. I glue them to the rims as well and then run them first on 600 grit sandpaper and then to wet 1500. Once this is done they will be smooth and grippy.

I am having real issue with the eBay Global shipping option. I just want to let US sellers know this almost puts them out of contention for my purchases.

I ordered 2 132 scale Porsche 911's. One from Japan, and one from the US. The car from Japan cost $8 in shipping and the US one was close to $22. Bought on the same day and the one from Japan made it here 4 days quicker. So if you elect to use the ebay shipping program just be aware that the shipping cost are almost prohibitive to making a sale any more, and most overseas items can be shipped cheaper and quicker then an item bought on the same continent. The ebay Global shipping program is a huge ebay money grab. As a consumer I would much sooner you send me an invoice that includes the actual shipping costs, and cut ebay out of it Especially on items with a value of less then $100. I can see paying the added expense for more expensive items, because eBay insures the transaction for both parties and then it makes sense to pay the premium.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:16 pm

I must apologize for my whine on 1/43 m0del pricing. I had no idea.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-43-Tameo-kit-B ... SwIgNXvsN4

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:56 am

@randy - my 1:1 car is cheaper than that LOL!

sanding tires: i know that i´m not setting standards with my methods, they are more like a barbarian acting on a slotcar, but they work for me:
1500 grit sand paper? 1000 grit?
strange words for me.
i use 120 grit sand paper on the first run, maybe switch to 240, if i feel like being overexcited.
The track does the rest ...
if i would use 1500 grit, the tires will look different after just one lap ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:17 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 am

Well Peter you were the winner of the Kleskun Hills open, so whatever you are doing with respect to tires is working :clap:

The finer grit wet sand paper really smooths the tires, and in the testing of my cars on my track seemed to make my cars run faster.

I watched a YouTube video on tire truing,and that is what was recommended, so I tried it and it worked for me.

Gluing and truing were the single best thing I ever learned to improving car performance. The technique is probably a learned behaviour that each individual settles into based on his own experiences. Do what ever works for you, but do true them

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:08 am

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale